247 West 37th Street
Exciting opportunity to join an A-level operations team as Facility & Operations Manager for a dynamic nonprofit. JASA is metro New York’s largest nonprofit organization serving older adults.
- The Facilities and Operations Manager reports to the Chief Operation Officer and is responsible for providing a broad array of facility services for multiple sites, buildings and campuses that JASA Program Units occupy. The facilities house senior centers, social service programs and clinics throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx. Working in conjunction withDirector of Facilities for Housing, Director of Housing Operations and Compliance, and the Director of Procurement, manages facilities-oriented services including maintenance, repair, janitorial operations, construction, renovations, procurement, mail delivery, security, telecommunications, facilities planning, space allocation, life safety, energy management, emergency response planning, business continuity support, physical security and reception, moves and rearrangements, and building infrastructure and systems. Working with Deputy General Counsel, manages leases, insures lease renewals and pursuits for new space are managed promptly and meet JASA objectives. The position is located in JASA’s corporate office in Midtown Manhattan with frequent travel to other locations.Primary Responsibilities General Facility Management. These responsibilities include planning and designing space requirements; overseeing space allocation and site relocation; developing and implementing plans for routine maintenance and health and safety; managing site inspections; obtaining appropriate permits and licenses for the site, as needed; and monitoring overall compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Project Management. These responsibilities include overseeing all construction services, project management, and complex projects; developing scopes of work; managing vendor relationships; coordinating work with vendor and site staff; and ensuring project objectives are achieved on time and budget.
- Business Management. These responsibilities include working with upper management and internal business units to plan and prioritize requirements; working with customers, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to gain an understanding of business requirements; setting appropriate priorities using management tools and techniques; and understanding and evaluating the impact of requirements changes on business priorities and on system design.
- Budget Management. These responsibilities include planning annual department budget and planning annual facility needs; develop spending plans and monitor spending against the departmental budget; and developing and oversee facilities capital and expense budgets.
- Relationship Mangement. These responsibilities include working closely with the Director of Facilities for Housing, Director of Housing Operations and Compliance, and Director of Procurement; lessor-lessee, and other vendor relationships.
- On-call coverage to respond to emergencies promptly, accepting call-out obligations as required;
- Providing training to site staff on compliance issues, safety issues, and emergency response, as needed;
- Data collection and management along with internal and external reporting; and
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Architecture or relevant field or a minimum of 10 years of experience in facilities management, utility engineering, asset management, facility construction management, project management or related discipline
- Minimum of five years’ experience in facilities management, including all phases of real estate property management, lease administration, facilities planning, capital, and operating budgets, building operation, support functions such as maintenance, repairs, physical security, and renovation
- Varied leadership and managerial experience of direct and indirect resources, minimum of 3+ years acting in a management capacity
- Knowledge of environmental, safety, NYC DOB, NYC DOHMH, and FDNY regulatory compliance
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Google Applications
- BOMA, IFMA, and PMP certification is preferred
- Proactive, well-organized, detail-oriented, efficient, and highly dependable;
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Proven ability to set goals, and develop and implement plans;
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse and cross-functional teams;
- Strong collaborative skills, and a commitment to servant leadership;
- Prior experience with government contracts, especially compliance monitoring;
- Conversant in standard office computer applications, and ability to adopt new technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
- Availability to perform occasional work outside of standard work hours, sometimes with little notice;
- Ability to travel throughout NYC as needed; and
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required