12225 Greenville Ave.
Position: Accounting Assistant
Type of Employee: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Supervisor: Finance Manager
• Manage aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to A/P, A/R, payroll, JE, and bank reconciliation
• Process invoices and deposits in a timely manner
• Support Finance Manager, Program Directors and Fund Development staff in developing and analyzing agency and grant proposal budgets
• Complete training on reporting to government contracts, accounting policies, business compliance, and other relevant topics
• Assist Finance Manager in managing staff’s benefits, and updating personnel policy and procedures as needed.
• Other tasks assigned by Executive Director and Finance Manager
• Degree in accounting or related field and/or 1 year work related experience.
• Strong knowledge of Excel, and computerized accounting systems (Financial Edge preferred)
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices (non-profit accounting preferred), internal control, and auditing procedures
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced work environment
• Comfortable in working with a culturally diverse team
Minimum Education Required