7800 Detroit Avenue
Catholic Charities - Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the 5th year in a row as one of 'The Plain Dealer's Top Workplaces'. As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio.
Migration and Refugee Services (MRS), a department of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland, has been resettling refugees in Cuyahoga County since 1948. As the largest resettlement office in Northern Ohio, we expect to resettle over 450 refugees this year. MRS is one of 108 affiliates of the United States Catholic Conference of Bishops (USCCB). USCCB has a cooperative agreement with the United States to resettle refugees who have been legally admitted through the federal Refugee Admissions Program. These individuals have fled their home countries in fear of persecution because of their ethnicity, nationality, social group, religious affiliation or political beliefs.
The role of Job Developer is responsible for marketing, job development, job placement and job retention of assigned clients. The Job Developer assist in outreach and recruitment of potential program participants by attending job fairs, community events as appropriate. This position will build and maintain relationships with employees and partnering agencies. Candidates for this position must have a clean driving record. Preferred candidates will be bilingual in French, Swahili, or Arabic.
A complete job description will be provided a the time of the first interview if selected.
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Social Work or related field with 3-5 years experience in an employment and training system.
- Experience in job development with low income, disabled, dislocated worker populations preferred.
- Experience in job development, job placement and job retention necessary.
- Must be able to form good working relationships.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, dependable and able to maintain client confidentiality.
- Must possess teamwork skills as well as function as a member of a team.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse client population, employers, and community organizations as well as staff at all levels.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Good working knowledge of computers and familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Must have valid Ohio Driver’s License and reliable means of transportation for local travel.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at http://ccdocle.org/