350 South Bixel Street
The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce represents more than 1,600 member businesses in Los Angeles County. By being the voice of business, helping its members grow, and promoting collaboration, the LA Area Chamber seeks full prosperity for the Los Angeles region. Southern California Leadership Network (SCLN), an affiliated organization of the Chamber, envisions a more dynamic, prosperous region and state led by informed, collaborative, inspired, diverse and capable leaders. SCLN’s mission is to advance the region and the state by inspiring, preparing and connecting leaders to drive change. SCLN does this through its signature Leadership Fellowships, continued leadership development opportunities for alumni, NextLA (a program designed for young professionals), and other convenings to promote lifelong leadership learning and connectivity. SCLN is a learning organization with opportunities for professional growth.
The Coordinator, Programs is part of the Southern California Leadership Network team and reports to the Senior Director, Programs. This individual will help advance the work of the Program team by supporting the design and implementation of SCLN Fellowship and Alumni programs. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt hourly position. Benefits include: Vacation Time; Sick Time; Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (fully paid for employee only); Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Long Term Disability; Life Insurance (AD&D), 401(k) and commuter/transportation benefits (Metro TAP and Metro‐Link Corporate Program or free parking).
- Coordinate logistics for all SCLN fellowships and Alumni events in partnership with the Manager, Programs, including but not limited to identifying and confirming seminar venues; conducting site visits; coordinating catering, transportation and audio-visual; scheduling production meetings with SCLN staff; and drafting and presenting production schedules to SCLN staff.
· Oversee event-day logistics, including serving as the primary contact for all vendors on the day of the event and assisting with social media and photography.
- Organize, prepare and print materials for all SCLN fellowships and events from onboarding through graduation, including but not limited to onboarding (class roster and Faceflier); orientation (binder materials, name badges, tent cards); seminars (agendas, speaker bios, excursion ballots, speaker and trainer materials); graduation (RSVP list, certificates, graduation roster); drafting and sending thank you letters; and event RSVP lists.
- Maintain Alumni Directory and program-related spreadsheets, including but not limited to class rosters, event attendance and registration, and speakers, program venues and excursion locations.
· Manage RSVPs and general program inquiries.
- Interface with volunteers, the SCLN Program Committee and/or ad hoc committees, as needed, to execute program goals.
- Attend L.A. Area Chamber functions as needed to serve as a representative of SCLN.
- Perform related tasks as required or assigned.
- Associate’s degree in project management or Bachelor’s degree required
· 2-4 years progressively responsible, hands-on expertise in coordinating events or training seminars, strongly preferred
· Strong understanding of the Southern California region preferred
- Exceptional ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, both internally and externally
- Excellent customer service and ability to be a team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects under deadlines
- Ability to produce a significant quantity of work at high quality
- Strong working knowledge of current version of Microsoft Office and high degree of comfort working with complex databases
- Strong personal and professional references
- Light travel throughout California
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. SCLN/Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
· Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
· Reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
· Ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
· Positions in this class typically require: reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions in computer use.
SCLN/Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to SCLNJobs@lachamber.com, please include in the subject line of the email: Coordinator Programs SCLN.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt hourly position ($17.30 to $18.75 an hour DOE). Benefits include: Vacation Time; Sick Time; Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (fully paid for employee only); Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Long Term Disability; Life Insurance (AD&D), 401(k) and commuter/transportation benefits (Metro TAP and Metro‐Link Corporate Program or free parking).
Minimum Education Required