MedGlobal is a humanitarian non-governmental organization working to save lives and serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing healthcare and building resilience. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in crisis-affected and low-resource settings.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects our core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers, coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
MedGlobal is looking for a Regional Program Officer who will be part of the Program & Operations Departments, supporting the program implementation in assigned countries. Under the line management of the Director of Health & Emergency Services , his/her responsibilities will be to support the Country Offices in the proposal development and overview of the implementation of
projects, ensuring coordination with countries, compliance, quality and timeliness of the
implementation and adequate reporting according to the donor's requirements. The Officer will keep the Directors briefed on pertinent issues and changing circumstances as they arise. The officer will be responsible for a range of
logistical, analytical, and preparatory projects to ensure the effective execution of programs.
Country Program Support
- Assist the assigned countries in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of country programs
- Ensure coordination with other departments for proper start-up of activities in the countries of operation
- Support to ensure quality standards are respected in the implementation and overall management of programs within all phases of the responses
- Weekly meetings with all field teams to collect updates and ensure proper progress of weekly activities and tasks
- Liaising between Directors and field Program managers and country representatives to ensure smooth communication and workflows
- Appraise and feedback on all project-related documents – i.e. concept notes, proposals and reports, both narrative and financial, assessments, evaluations, reviews, etc.
- Track success rate of the program activities completed as per implementation plan.
- Development of project support documents (country profiles, briefing packets, etc.) and prepare or contribute to briefings on matters concerning assigned countries
- Support the field team in development of program budgets
- Contribute towards staff training and organizational learning in assigned countries through participation at and facilitation of country level workshops, as required.
- Follow up on queries to and from the field with relevant departments – i.e. finance, purchasing/logistics, HR and IT.
Field Administration, Logistics, and Training
- Work closely with the Finance Department on monthly financial reporting where needed
- Maintaining databases of country-specific information and documentation of each country’s ongoing projects
- Providing training to field staff on database management,project management and project life cycle
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Audit
- Work with MedGlobal’s Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to implement M&E for the overall programs, as well as special MedGlobal programs
Contact, Communication And Coordination
- Contacting, communicating with, and meeting with interested parties regarding potential activities, including potential or current donors.
- Attending regional and local sub-cluster meetings and/or problem-solving with our partner organizations depending on country location and virtual accessibility of meetings
- Representing the MedGlobal programs and clinic work at the various countrywide, regional, local level meetings
- Maintaining contact with Partner NGO(s) and INGOs, NGOs for issues including operations, staffing, and supplies, volunteer transportation and accommodation, and troubleshooting any potential solutions
- Summarizing reports released by other humanitarian organizations, country governments, etc.
- Reviewing and prioritizing minutes from Health Cluster and other coordination meetings
Grant Management & External Relations Support
- In coordination with Country teams, input into concept notes and/or project proposals to be submitted to Grant Management Unit
- Monitor progress and provide inputs towards the development of quality reports.
- Oversee collecting all required information from the field partners to complete all grant reports
- Review in-country financial reports and support the maintenance of all required documentation per organizational policies during and at the end of the project
- Provide new volunteer orientation for all medical professionals joining a MENA program or project, and serve as their focal point
- Work on building a positive environment to support volunteers and increase their productivity during the missions
- Facilitate the process of entering the country for the planned visits or projects including the documents needed for a visa or any other necessary processes Plan, coordinate and streamline the logistics of volunteers while on all international visits for projects, including ensuring safety and security procedures
Key Performance Indicators
- % of reports submitted in a timely manner
- % of projects with updated PMDs
- % of projects completed on time and without need of extension
- % of projects with targets/indicators met
- % Projects documents available for all projects
- # of projects planned or completed
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline of health and management, Degree in health or nutrition-related fields is preferred.
- At least 3-4 years of experience focused on principles and guidelines of program planning and implementation
- Experience with personnel management including supervision, training, monitoring, and evaluation
- Experience with public and community relations
- Experiencing with project proposals, budgeting, and reporting methods
- Experience with computer systems, data records, and related software applications
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility when needed.
- An extensive network of contacts in MENA government offices, UN agencies, INGOs, NGOs, and local administration offices including law enforcement agencies.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Availability for 40 hours of work per week