Job Title – Events Coordinator
Reports to – Director of Events
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 150 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals, and underserved schools.
Reporting to the Director of Events, the Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting with administrative needs, logistics and execution of Baby2Baby’s high-profile yearly fundraising gala and all Baby2Baby events.
The Events Coordinator will work from the Baby2Baby headquarters at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aids Events Director in coordinating event logistics and execution with regards to the yearly fundraising Gala and monthly events.
- Works with internal and external parties to execute Gala responsibilities including but not limited to website and email management; secures permits and vendor insurance; coordinates the production of Gala collateral; facilitates on-site sponsor deliverables; and supports the Events Director with overseeing on-site staff roles and responsibilities.
- Maintains all Gala documents, including accurate and current records for individuals and corporations within the Gala’s giving platform software.
- Oversees specific details for monthly events including invitations, venue, catering, décor, etc. In addition, manages all staff responsibilities and the overall flow of events from setup to tear down.
- Responsible for executing children’s giftbags at every event, including reaching out to corporate partners, purchasing items, assembling bags, inventorying all incoming and outgoing items.
- Works closely with the Marketing, Program and Warehouse teams to oversee and facilitate event planning and production processes.
- Provides post-event analysis, budget recaps, and apply learnings to enhance future plans.
- Builds and maintains relationships with sponsors, partner organizations, onsite vendors, and outside production teams with the highest level of professionalism. Streamlines communication and feedback between all involved parties.
- Manages event deadlines, timelines, and deliverables.
- Aids the Events Director with preparing budgets and ensures adherence.
- Supports Events Director with event data entry and fundraising reports.
- Participates in special projects and fundraising, as needed.
- Runs event related errands as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years event planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic-thinker.
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Team player that thrives in an ever-changing and collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time management and a self-starter mentality.
- Highly organized with strong attention to follow up and meticulous recordkeeping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Exceptional client and customer service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Driver’s license required
- Large-scale production experience
- Prior non-profit and administrative experience
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.