94 Central Avenue
Citizen Action of New York is a statewide grassroots membership organization that fights for social, racial, economic and environmental justice. We work at the grassroots to give people a sense of their own power. We collaborate with organizations and coalitions in communities throughout New York to win on key issues and elect progressive candidates at the local, state and federal levels.
Citizen Action of New York is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to serve in our Albany office. The primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include general office management, coordinating event logistics, data entry, and offering administrative and program support to the organization's staff in our Albany office, as well as additional administrative support to our regional offices.
- Manage general office operations, including ordering supplies, distributing mail, and keeping the office neat
- Coordinate logistics for all statewide or Albany-based organizational events and meetings, including annual leadership conference, board meetings, staff meetings, and advocacy days
- Data entry
- Staff support including maintaining portions of the organization’s website, ordering printed documents, taking notes during meetings, and managing job postings
Skills and Experience:
- At least one year experience in an administrative capacity, ideally in a political or non-profit organization
- Very strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with technology and software used in an office environment
- Highly skilled at multitasking and working at a fast pace
- Commitment to progressive change and movement-building
This is a 15 hours/week part-time position based in Albany, NY.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so please apply as soon as possible for greatest consideration.
Citizen Action of New York is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter, resume, and two references as part of your application at the link provided.