7100 Connecticut Avenue
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow. 4-H programs empower nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3000 local offices. 4-H is led by a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. 4-H is the private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department of Agriculture.
4-H currently seeks a Resource Development (RD) Coordinator to work in partnership with Account Managers in managing grantee and donor relationships through the creation and effective delivery of holistic National 4-H Council partnerships, inclusive of high quality 4-H Positive Youth Development programming nationwide and Council-led enhancements such as marketing, and professional development). The RD Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting in data collection activities as well as assist the team in meeting agreed-upon deliverables. The RD Coordinator will work to ensure donor satisfaction and increase the field’s capacity to deliver high-quality 4-H Positive Youth Development.
Database Management Duties
- Manage daily operations of the WebGrants database software and work in conjunction with platform vendor and Council associates to identify best practices for completing tasks that require information or data from WebGrants, as it relates to needs across Council.
- Provide overall support and assistance in the management of all aspects of the database.
- Assist Account Managers with full grant cycle in WebGrants including application creation and release, reviewing applications, awarding sub-grants and sub-grantee reporting (programmatic and financial).
- Provide data, lists and reports as needed by teams across Council.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure proper processing of reimbursements and invoices.
- Produce reports as scheduled or needed, working with the WebGrants vendor when needed to create new reports.
- Establish, communicate, monitor and enforce policies regarding use of the WebGrants database.
- In conjunction with vendor and with existing policies and procedures, provide basic usage training to new associates as needed.
- Serve as primary liaison to WebGrant’s customer support and resolving database issues.
- Work with the Database Administrator to prep records for database conversion.
- Gift entry and invoice acknowledgement and tribute processing and fulfillment.
Administrative Support Duties
- Perform general administrative duties including: Screen mail, maintain file and filing systems, maintain and address/mailing lists, copying/faxing/scanning.
- Respond pro-actively to callers and visitors.
- Interact with high-level internal and external customers on behalf of the team.
- Assemble folders, order supplies, books and subscriptions, among other duties.
- Prepare, monitor and process invoices, expense reports and check requests for the Federal Partnership Team and assist in tracking budget status.
Meeting, Event, and Travel Support Duties
- Assist team members with coordinating calendars, agendas, logistics for committee calls, guest speakers; and expense reports and credit card statements.
- Prepare minutes for conference calls and post/distribute to appropriate individuals on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with internal teams on training events by coordinating activities with participants, travel agency, and 4-H’s Conference Center.
- Coordinate special projects and events under the guidance of assigned Account Manager, or under the guidance of other Team members.
Project and Document Management Duties
- Manage files and information on SharePoint.
- Assist with sub-award agreement development, processing and tracking.
- Generate updates, reports, summaries and PowerPoint presentations as they relate to the corporate accounts.
- Manage web grants for tracking specialized 4-H programs.
- Review grantee reports, compile and write Program Summaries.
- Assist in managing grantees through site monitoring, conference calls, reporting and technical assistance.
- Manage multiple Listservs, and 4-H Online learning sites.
- Assist in the monitoring of financial reimbursement requests and progress reporting from sub-awardees.
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profits, public administration, business administration, or related discipline, or equivalent in work experience
- Two to four years of progressive administrative experience in a non-profit or for-profit setting preferred
- Prior experience preparing, monitoring and processing invoices, expense reports and check requests at the executive level, and assist in tracking budget status
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Previous database/CRM experience a plus.
Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel
Career Ladder: This position typically has the following career ladder:
· Account Manager
· Sr. Account Manager
Minimum Education Required