Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the Associate Director of Talent Development will be a key leader in managing various aspects of human resources, including culture building, DEI work, hiring, benefits administration, and overseeing the AmeriCorps VISTA program and the hiring and development of four AmeriCorps VISTA members. As an important part of their role, the Associate Director of Talent Development will work closely with CFSI’s leadership team in advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at the organization and developing and implementing strategies to further build the skills and competencies of staff at all levels of the organization. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in being part of a growing organization trying to establish and cultivate a more equitable, inclusive, and effective culture.
Culture, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (~25%)
- Work with CFSI’s leadership team and, potentially, with an ongoing DEI working group, to ensure the organization is building a positive and inclusive culture with equity and effectiveness at the center.
- Support preparation for and follow-up from DEI training and discussion sessions led by outside facilitators.
- Support research and action related to various DEI issues, including efforts to increase a sense of belonging and mission alignment for staff and strategies for increasing access to our program and success in it for students from underrepresented backgrounds.
Staff Meetings, Retreats And General Talent Development (~25%)
- Work with CFSI”s leadership team to coordinate staff meetings and retreats so that they inform and delight all staff.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations and CFSI’s leadership team to generate a timeline for training and updates on various topics to further the mission and improve morale of the staff team.
- Organize and disseminate training and professional development opportunities to staff.
- Oversee Alumni Fellow and VISTA programs from a talent sourcing and talent development perspective.
- Organize monthly professional development sessions for VISTAs (and open to part-time Alumni Fellows).
- Support alumni relations and special events as part of a cross-functional team.
Hiring, Onboarding, and Alumni Support (~25%)
- Oversee and support hiring for all full-time and part-time positions including AmeriCorps VISTA positions, collaborating with appropriate hiring personnel to ensure a robust and diverse field of applicants. This includes posting of job opportunities and helping screen candidates and conduct first round interviews;
- Establish and upkeep clear procedures and timelines for hiring and onboarding new full-time, part-time, and AmeriCorps staff members.
- Ensure smooth onboarding of new staff members by creating and updating appropriate material including organizational overview, staff introduction, and other necessary training materials.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure new staff are properly onboarded on necessary technology systems, benefits, and other necessary tools needed to be successful at the organization.
- Conduct necessary follow-up conversations with new staff to continuously improve the hiring and onboarding process.
- Participate on a cross-functional alumni support team with an eye to identifying alumni who could be good candidates for part-time or full-time roles at CFSI.
Human Resources and Benefits Administration (~25%)
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure benefits offered at the organization are competitive and well-matched to our staff profile across the Boston social sector.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations on necessary audits of various benefits ranging from health and dental insurance, to retirement plan, telecommunication reimbursement, and commuter benefits reimbursements.
- Review, update, and maintain an employee handbook and other human resource policies at the organization.
- Support all staff in legal and policy issues and step-in for conflict resolution as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & MINDSET
- At least 5-7 years of relevant professional experience; ideally 2+years of non-profit or start-up human resources or related experience; proven track record of interpersonal relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; Eagerness to work towards closing the opportunity gap and recruiting a pipeline of students from all backgrounds.
- An ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and can interrelate and operate effectively with colleagues in a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- Embodiment of CFSI’s core values of an optimistic mindset, curiosity, teamwork, purposeful effort, and kindness and generosity.