Details: Compensation is in the range of $16.50 to $18/hour DOE
5060 Shoreham Place
San Diego Grantmakers is a 501(c)3 membership association for organizations and individuals that give strategically and significantly to multiple nonprofits each year. Our membership includes more than 115 foundations, corporate philanthropy programs, giving circles, donor advised funds, grantmaking public charities, government funders, philanthropy advisors, impact investors and individual philanthropists. By providing opportunities for learning, collaboration, and advocacy, we increase the impact of our members’ charitable giving and its ultimate benefits to society. Our mission is to connect and activate funders to learn, lead and invest in our community. Our vision is an equitable, collaborative, and impactful social change ecosystem that improves the lives of all residents in our region. Read more about our vision and values here.
- Provide logistical support for seven (7) collaborative groups and impact investing network programs. Duties include scheduling, venue reservations, preparation of materials, room set-up/breakdown, catering orders, A/V testing and note taking. Meetings are both onsite and offsite.
- Manage active calendar for SDG CEO and assist with scheduling for Vice President, committee, and board meetings
- Update website content as needed about the collaborative groups and their activities
- Perform periodic database (grants management and Salesforce) updates and ensure listservs are current
- Note-taking for board and committee meetings
- Manage a grants database and process to maintain records, grant status documentation, generate reports, reconcile funds and prepare mailings
- Communicate with grant recipients and soliciting organizations, including application inquiries, award letters, grant contracts, check distribution, and periodic reports
- Draft communications pieces (e.g., email updates, informational flyers, fundraising materials, press releases)
- Contribute to keeping the shared office suite kitchen and conference rooms and the SDG area clean and organized
- Answer phones, greet guests for office suite
- Other operational duties as requested
- Must enjoy detail-oriented work
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set up processes, systems, and workflow to ensure adherence to procedures and follow-up
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with diverse people and organizations
- Strong interest in working in the nonprofit sector and for a small organization
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as integrate seamlessly with the SDG team
- Experience and enthusiasm for customer service-oriented work, including face-to-face and phone interaction with a variety of constituents
- Strong writing and communication skills, quick learner and a sense of humor!
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Salesforce and grants management software a plus
- Possession of a valid CA Driver's License with a good driving record and have access to a reliable, properly insured vehicle for travel
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of the positions at any time with or without notice.
Schedule: This is a full-time non-exempt staff position. Normal business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM. This role requires the occasional flexible schedule that encompasses morning, work-day, and evening meetings and events throughout San Diego County.
San Diego Grantmakers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance; a Simple IRA plan with match after 1 year; and paid vacation and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link to upload your cover letter and resume (log in required). No walk ins, recruiters or phone calls please.