420 Boylston Street
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We have a new full-time position open for a Graphic Design Manager. This position will be based in the Boston office and will report directly to the Chief Advancement Officer.
As part of a five-person Marketing department, the Graphic Design Manager contributes to the visibility and positive reputation of the Girl Scout brand to a wide range of audiences throughout our 178-community service area. The Graphic Design Manager contributes to idea generation and will implement key elements of marketing strategies to ensure a consistent and cohesive message, and protect and promote the Girl Scout brand, logo, name and image.
The Graphic Design Manager will proactively and responsively support the digital communications needs of internal departments and external stakeholders using graphic design, Girl Scout brand guidelines, digital photography and videography, and compelling copy. The Graphic DesignManager will be the primary internal creator of print and online marketing campaigns, creating visually appealing email marketing templates, postcards, flyers, invitations, banners, web graphics, event programs, etc. The Graphic Design Manager will contribute to creating high quality and error-free marketing materials through photo selection, proofreading and editing. The Graphic Design Manager will ensure effective, on time and under budget projects through project planning, budget tracking and metrics measurement. In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, they will manage the council’s brand standards among internal and external customers. The Graphic Design Manager will be proficient in the use of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Work as an integral part of a small marketing communications team in the planning and implementing effective marketing communications plans for membership recruitment, program promotion (including the cookie program), camp and outdoor program, volunteer recruitment, fundraising and more.
- Conceptualize, design and manage production of printed and digital collaterals, flyers, postcards, banners and signage, event-related materials, PPT templates and other promotional materials.
- In conjunction with the marketing team, support social media campaigns and create content through messaging, graphics and creative campaigns that garner support for GSEMA’s initiatives. Platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Contribute to email marketing look, ensuring appealing design and brand compliance. Design templates, collaborating with marketing team members and other with internal department staff.
- Cultivate and manage collaborative relationships and build trust within the organization by supporting shared goals and communicating clearly and consistently.
- Consult on use of the Girl Scout and council brand with internal and external “customers.”
- Serve as staff photographer/videographer as needed at events and programs.
- Serve as an integral member of the website maintenance team, coordinating with marketing team and internal departments to ensure current images and graphics.
- Track effectiveness of marketing efforts through weekly metrics reports and quarterly board reports.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on marketing, design, communications or advertising preferable.
- Minimum of 2 years of graphic design work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing experience.
- Project management skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and continually changing work environment.
- Strategic, conceptual, creative thinker able to communicate clearly orally and in writing/design.
- Business-setting experience with social media and email marketing essential.
- Visual thinker with sophisticated design style, proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite for PC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems while exercising appropriate discretion and judgment.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with project management software.
- Digital photography skills.
- Experience creating digital content.
- Detail-oriented, organized, with strong proofreading/editing skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and staff at various levels.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- Valid driver’s license, frequent access to motor vehicle, and willingness to travel to council offices, camps and special events required for this position.
- Ability to support events that, on occasion, take place outside regular work hours.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
To learn more about our council opportunities, visit: http://www.gsema.org
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Minimum Education Required