800 Market Street
The Development Associate supports the Development team’s alignment around strategic plan priorities and annual department goals. The Development Associate is part of the Development team and reports to the Senior Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Team & VP Support (25%)
• Provide clerical support to the VP of Development, tracking ongoing projects and processes, developing workflow systems to increase efficiency, and handling any ad hoc projects.
• Schedules and supports the Development team with team meetings and annual retreat logistics.
• Schedules and supports the Development Committee and other Development-related external meetings with on-site support, meeting minutes, and other tasks as needed.
• Manages the recruitment, hiring, and daily supervision of Development Interns and volunteers as needed.
• Maintain organizational collateral and swag inventory
• Support growth capital campaign efforts
Donor stewardship (25%)
• Support Primary Contact Managers (PCMs) with database and portfolio clean-up and assignments.
• In coordination with the Donor Stewardship Officer, support report generation and other tasks aligned with scheduled stewardship engagements.
• Serve as Primary Contact for all stock donations and monthly gifts
• Field calls and requests for information from donors and prospects; manage the donor inbox and respond to donors and prospects as necessary
• When necessary, enter data into donor database, including but not limited to: new donors, prospects, contact preferences, address changes, ‘nixies’, and mass updates/additions.
• Ensure donor and prospect data is properly recorded and represented in the database and that all donor information is maintained with respect to confidentiality
• Manage data integrity of Development Salesforce records, including: deduping, identifying and resolve data inconsistencies, improving automation, cleaning systematic, etc.
• Review and convert Salesforce Donation and Registration Leads and work with finance to ensure all revenue is captured/recorded in Salesforce.
• Generate and send gift acknowledgment letters for all relevant gifts (not processed by gift processing consultant) Manage matching gifts confirmation and State/CFC registrations
Event Support (45%)
• Assist Development team with donor events including report and list generation, creation of invitations, RSVP process, event logistics, attendee briefings, post-event follow up, including thank you emails and other event related tasks.
• Staff local events and occasionally travel with PCMs to help coordinate donor events.
• Represent the Development team on the Events Committee and support the Committee with scheduling meetings, creating and disseminating meeting agendas.
• Support marketing of events and special projects in coordination with Advocacy team, designers, writers, and others involved in the promotion of Global Fund for Women events and event partnerships.
Prospect Research (5%)
• Prepare individual and institutional prospect research briefs for Fundraisers as needed.
Internal: This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Development. In addition this position holds daily working relationships with the Vice President of Development, Primary Contact Managers, and all staff. The Development Associate will also have periodic contact with Board members and will help manage volunteer support on an as-needed basis. It is expected that the Development Associate will:
• Follow Global Fund for Women policies and procedures. Carry out job responsibilities in a manner that reflects concern for personal health and safety and that of co-workers.
• Develop strong working relationships with staff in all areas of the organization. Actively participate in planning and meeting goals as an integral team member.
• Participate in cross-functional work-teams as appropriate. Assist with special projects as needed to support the Development team and the Global Fund for Women as a whole.
External: As a representative of the Global Fund for Women, the Development Associate will have periodic contact with donors, institutional partners, vendors, consultants, and community leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, and implement projects
• High degree of skill using Word, Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce.
• Excellent judgment, including sensitivity to confidential information
• Ability to analyze systems and create new strategies for improving and organizing work flow
• Understanding of non-profit and philanthropic organizations
• Excellent clerical skills, including scheduling and record keeping
• Ability to work independently, at times with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
• Skill in working in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships and demonstrate sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to multitask and skillfully balance competing needs across the team
• Develop thorough understanding of internal communication needs and excellent rapport with all levels of staff. Demonstrate sensitivity to relationships with major donors and influential community leaders
• Strong interest in and commitment to women’s issues
• Experience in fundraising or development program
• Interest in and knowledge of women’s human rights issues
• Administrative support experience in development or fundraising
• Familiarity with Salesforce or other fundraising databases/CRMs
• HTML and InDesign for supporting event invitation and marketing collateral development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience, preferably in a non-profit
• Experience working in a diverse and team-oriented environment
The Global Fund for Women is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically encourage applications from people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, trans people and other members of the LBTQI communities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Minimum Education Required