Full Time Temporary
Details: Commensurate with experience.
7 Rue Daubin
Position: 100%, starting immediately
Location: Geneva, EASL-ILF headquarters
Appointment: 1-year renewable
The EASL International Liver Foundation is a new global non-profit organization established by EASL (the European Association for the Study of the Liver) committed to increasing the quality of life and reducing premature mortality for the greatest number of people by improving liver health.
As part of its secretariat organizational development, the Foundation is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, self-starter Fundraising Consultant to support the identification, conversion and cultivation of donors to support the Foundation’s areas of operation: research and development; medical education; viral hepatitis elimination interventions and general public awareness campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with senior staff to establish fundraising strategies, policies and procedures for individual, government, not for profit and corporate donors
• Provide overall fundraising coordination support
• Monitor fundraising measures and metrics on a regular basis to ensure successful implementation and fundraising quality
• Create and manage service provider contracts as needed to ensure deliverables are met
• Propose project budgets and provide regular budgetary reports
PROPOSAL WRITING AND DONOR PITCHES
• Support the Foundation’s strategic vision and direction through the production of relevant, responsive, high quality grant proposals and pitches that leverage the organization’s unique advantages, competencies, and resources
• Contribute to the development of a donor cultivation strategy and the crafting of marketing and advocacy messages and materials; ensure maximization of their relevance and resonance for key donor targets
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to generate proposal narrative and budgets.
DONOR MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
• Draft and manage calendar of reports due and individual timelines for each major report
• Write narrative progress reports donors in coordination with other team members
• Assemble budget and expenditure information and report information to donors as required in our agreements
• Assemble stories from the projects in partnership with the Marketing & Communications manager
• Respond to queries from donors on reports and progress
• Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
• Minimum of 7-10+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
• Excellent managerial skills including at least 5 years of previous experience successfully managing development staff.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
• Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in global healthcare and development, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
• Extreme tact and discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex scientific issues and be thoroughly familiar with the policies, guidelines and practices of relevant national and international funding agencies and individuals.
Level of Language Proficiency
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English language (English mother tongue or bilingual). Any additional language a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
• Please send your motivation letter, a detailed CV and three references to email@example.com before June, 1st 2018. But don’t wait until the deadline! We will start screening right away.
• Please note that only those applicants meeting the profile requirements will be contacted. Applications sent by recruitment agencies will not be considered.