Details: Local salary and fully furnished housing
Calle 57 entre 78 y 80
Colonia Francisco May
Felipe Carrillo Puerto
Na’atik Language and Culture Institute off the beaten path in the beautiful Maya Zone of Mexico (approximately 1 hour inland from Tulum) seeks friendly, Spanish-speaking Study Abroad Program Coordinator to take full responsibility for our Study Abroad Yucatan (SAY) program. This position encompasses all aspects of our program from initial contact through follow up after they return home. This is an ideal position for someone wanting to work in international education and program management. We're looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Both the nonprofit and social enterprise sides of the school are growing rapidly and this is a fantastic opportunity for someone with great people skills, organization, administrative expertise and creativity. This position also needs someone with innovative ideas on how to attract and build partnerships to bring more students and groups. We have families, couples, retirees, students, young professionals and groups join us, so every visit is unique. Spanish language is essential for coordinating with local partners and nonprofit experience is desirable. Key to Na’atik’s philosophy as a language school is that our SAY program gives back to the local community by helping fund Na’atik’s nonprofit mission offering low-cost high quality English courses.
- Responding to daily inquiries from prospective students and providing information about our program over email and on the phone.
- Arranging paperwork for the arrival of students including billing, welcome pack, map and itinerary.
- Coordinating with local homestay families which include dietary and accommodation requirements from the students.
- Managing the resources available to our SAY students. Everything from their bicycle to coffee.
- Collecting students from the bus station, providing orientation, welcome dinner and trips. Being their point of contact with any questions or queries.
- Acting as main contact for students during their stay which includes daily check-ins and prompt responses to issues that may arise
- Organizing and promoting activities and excursions
- Keeping the curriculum and didactic materials organized and up-to-date.
- Working with our Communications Manager to keep our website, reviews pages and other online communities up-to-date.
- Updating Salesforce database with student information and feedback.
- Taking photos of the students and sharing with our Communications Manager.
- Creating new ways to keep current and past Study Abroad students active in our local English language non-profit programs.
- Working with our Communications Manager to create dynamic promotional strategies to help our program grow.
- Assisting the Communications Manager with organizing local promotion and events.
- Managing volunteers and interns.
- Minimum three years' related work experience
- Working in a multi-cultural environment
- Working in developing world
- Managing others
- Database use
Twice monthly local salary
Furnished housing included
Five hours of free Spanish or Maya classes (with additional classes - at cost - available as well)
Assistance in visa
Visa cost reimbursed when contract is completed
Annual staff trip
Fun and rewarding experience working with people from around the world
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English Speaker
Working Spanish Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please explain why:
- Your skills and experience make you a great candidate for this role
- You are interested in living and working in Zona Maya, Mexico
Please note that applicants who do not answer these questions will not be considered.
Due to the large number of candidates we expect to apply for this position, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.