The Data Systems Analyst supports the goals of the Data, Strategy and Evaluation (DSE) Department to strengthen and implement data systems, processes and analytics across the organization. Responsibilities include database administration, project management, data management and governance, data analytics, and documentation of policies and procedures. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties can be assigned, and the duties and responsibilities of the job are subject to change without notice.
• Assist data system implementation and migration projects including needs assessments, vendor selection and management, trainings, and ongoing support;
• Co-Database administrator for systems across the organization including Salesforce for Fundraising and Volunteer Management;
• Provide support to departments through conducting research on available systems and apps, system maintenance and improvements, building reports, training users, and staying up-to-date on new features and functionality;
• Maintain and create documentation for all projects;
• Support data governance practices and update documentation;
• Support business process improvement planning by helping to develop policies and procedures and implement changes;
• Lead smaller projects across organization ensuring they stay in scope, budget, and timeline;
• Measure project success against identified goals and evaluation metrics;
• Create data visualizations for presentations and internal learning.
• Strong technical skills: ability to understand, utilize, and improve data systems
• Project Management: be able to work across functions to drive projects from inception through completion
• Detail oriented: ability to successfully manage all aspects of projects with the highest degree of professionalism
• Problem Solver: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is intellectually curious; strong critical thinker.
• Planning Skills: excellent organization; attention to details; proven ability to multi-task; meets deadlines; measures performance against goals.
• Action Oriented: results driven; ability to adapt based on changing priorities and lessons learned; delivers high quality products.
• Interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and collaboratively; widely trusted.
• Cultural Humility: work effectively across cultures; demonstrates a commitment to learning, communicating and working respectfully with people different from themselves.
• Commitment to the mission and values of GLIDE.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA degree and 3+ years of experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills;
• Ability to research, analyze, compose and communicate written and verbal reports;
• Ability to relay data to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data.
• Proficiency with MS Office with advanced level capability in Excel;
• Experience in database management concepts preferred;
• Previous CRM experience required, with Salesforce experience strongly preferred;
• Experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) preferred;
• Experience with statistical, graphical, and data science software, such as R, Python or Tableau a plus.
The physical demands described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to see within normal parameters;
• Ability to hear within normal range;
• Communication skills using the spoken and written word;
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction; finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. Able to use equipment typically found in an office environment;
• Ability to bend or otherwise reach up or down as necessary;
• Ability to move about the building and community as needed. Ability to move quickly to address emergency or potentially dangerous situations;
• Must be able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds;
• As this position requires long periods of sitting and repetitive use of telephone, computer, and other office equipment, the employee must take frequent short breaks, integrate stretching into his or her daily duties to avoid musculoskeletal disorders, and safely operate appropriate ergonomic equipment as supplied by the employer.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Fast paced, with frequent interruptions, demanding, social services office environment;
• Noise level is moderate to noisy and lighting is conducive to completion of work;
• The employee may be exposed to air borne pathogens;
• GLIDE’s buildings are located in the Tenderloin. Due to our surroundings, it is important to always be aware of what’s going on around you while walking around the neighborhood. GLIDE maintains an "open door" policy to the community and its clients, who frequently enter and leave the building.
The Data Systems Analyst supports the goals of the Data, Strategy and Evaluation (DSE) Department to strengthen and implement data systems, processes and analytics across the organization. Responsibilities include database…
I have read this job description and fully understand the requirements and expectations set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of Director, Harm Reduction Programs and agree to perform the identified essential functions and expectations in a safe manner and in accordance with GLIDE’s established policies and procedures.
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At GLIDE, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant!
I have read this job description and fully understand the requirements and expectations set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of Director, Harm Reduction Programs and…