Details: The salary offered will be in the mid $40,000 per year range and is commensurate with experience.
315 West 39th Street
LEDA is a national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to identifying and developing the academic and leadership potential of exceptional public high school students from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds. These students are currently underrepresented in our nation’s top colleges, universities, and ultimately, leadership sectors. LEDA believes that highly competitive colleges and universities are a nexus for the development of leadership. These institutions require an infusion of diversity to improve the mix of ideas and information impacting leaders of public and private organizations across the nation. By helping socioeconomically disadvantaged students gain admission to selective, academic institutions, LEDA seeks to equalize educational opportunity. LEDA recognizes that we are better off as a nation and as a people if we offer equal opportunity regardless of socioeconomic status, drawing upon the leadership potential of all of our most talented citizens.
About the Position:
LEDA is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to recruit and admit future cohorts of LEDA Scholars. Reporting to the Director of Recruitment & Admissions, the Recruitment & Admissions Officer works to grow and strengthen LEDA’s applicant pool through strategic outreach to and collaboration with public schools and community based organizations across the country. The Recruitment & Admissions officer also serves as a senior member of LEDA’s admissions team, evaluating applicants and making final admissions decisions, as well as coordinating enrollment in the LEDA Scholars Program. This position is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional with a background and interest in admissions & recruitment and/or college access. Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator and positive team member, who is passionate about connecting with students and educators of all backgrounds to expand educational opportunities.
Recruitment Marketing and Outreach
· Identify new CBOs and high schools to increase LEDA’s network.
· Cultivate meaningful relationships with new and existing high school partners, CBOs, affinity organizations, school districts, and professional networks to generate a robust and qualified applicant pool.
· Plan and execute up to 4-5 recruitment trips to targeted communities to deliver presentations, recruit LEDA applicants and raise awareness about higher education opportunities.
· Work with the Recruitment & Admissions team to develop a marketing plan and new marketing content, including videos, social media posts, emails, webinars and presentations.
· Track outreach efforts in LEDA’s Salesforce database to report and improve effectiveness.
· Recruit and train current LEDA Scholars and alumni to conduct recruitment workshops in targeted communities.
· Update and maintain online application.
· Support students, families, teachers, and counselors throughout the LEDA application process to promote application completion.
· Review and evaluate LEDA applications.
· Conduct interviews with LEDA finalists.
· Engage in team deliberations to select LEDA Scholars.
· Communicate with students, parents, and school personnel throughout the selection and enrollment process.
· Facilitate Scholar on-boarding and their transition to Princeton.
· Support the administration of the Aspects of Leadership Summer Institute at Princeton University, particularly during opening and closing weeks.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in the area(s) of recruitment and admissions, high school counseling, and/or college access
- Experience with social media and marketing a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting educational equity for students from underrepresented backgrounds
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking, communication and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Strong technical and data tracking skills (e.g. familiarity with MS Office, Salesforce, social networking tools)
- Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive over long distances.
LEDA offers a collegial work environment that welcomes new ideas and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time position. The salary offered will be in the mid $40,000 per year range and is commensurate with experience. LEDA offers medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, TransitChek, at least three weeks paid vacation, and paid sick leave.
Minimum Education Required