About Project Sunshine:
Project Sunshine is a multi-national, volunteer-based nonprofit that meets the social-emotional needs of pediatric patients (0-21) and families living with all medical challenges. Project Sunshine takes a family-centered approach to care, recognizing that when a child is ill, the entire family is affected. Project Sunshine volunteers are trained to help children to act and feel like kids during emotionally and physically challenging times, leading to lower levels of stress and anxiety.
The Program Operations Assistant will manage the operations of the Sending Sunshine program. Sending Sunshine is a unique volunteer program that impacts pediatric patients while volunteering outside the hospital. Volunteers assemble Sending Sunshine Craft Kits or make Surgi Dolls from scratch to be used at medical centers when young patients face long hours of isolation, since family members and caregivers cannot always be present. The Program Operations Assistant will serve an important role ensuring materials are sent to the volunteers for assembly, and further coordinate the delivery to Project Sunshine’s hospital partners.
This position will work closely with Project Sunshine’s Program team and external vendors to ensure effective communication and execution of programmatic events.
- Manage complete scope of Sending Sunshine logistics for all volunteer groups ensuring timely delivery of products
- Input Sending Sunshine orders from volunteer groups and corporate volunteer partners and submit to external vendor
- Ensure delivery deadlines are clearly communicated to external vendor
- Track delivery of all orders from external vendor’s warehouse
- Notify appropriate staff person of any delivery delays or ordering errors
- Troubleshoot any delays in deliveries or other ordering errors
- Track inventories and notify Program team when levels are low
- Coordinate with the Program Manager about the hospital partner list to ensure materials are being delivered on a rotating basis and appropriate kits are being sent per the hospitals’ request
- Manage all UPS deliveries and creating shipping labels
- Enter shipping and program data into the Salesforce database
- Manage the intake and delivery of items delivered to the Project Sunshine office
- Manage onsite inventories
- Organize the Sunshine Room (office storage area)
- Ability to manage a distribution process in conjunction with an external vendor and onsite staff
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working independently and problem solving
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Responsive to staff requests and willing to contribute as needed
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Available to be in office Monday – Friday (hours to be determined)
- Up to 20 hours per week
To Apply: Both a cover letter and resume are required. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the cover letter and resume in BOTH the body of the email and as attachments in case the attachments cannot be opened. Please put “Program Operations Assistant” in the title of your email.
NO phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required