Job Title: Facilities Maintenance
Work Week: 15 hours (varying time based on need)
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: CFA/CEO
Job Summary: Responsible for all preventive and corrective maintenance on all aspects of the Domestic Violence Center (DVCCC) properties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide regular inspection of DVCCC properties for defects and malfunctions. (At least monthly)
· Complete minor repairs immediately. (Examples being, holes in drywall, plumbing leak, door handles lose, blinds needing replacement) this is by no means a complete list.
· Consult with CFA or CEO for larger needed repairs, (anything over $500.00).
· Complete regular maintenance reports based on needs and or repairs completed.
· Prepare and keep updated a list of maintenance needs with pricing to be included in proposals.
· Coordinate/supervise construction/renovation projects as needed.
· Ensure agency vehicle is inspected and facilitate repairs as needed.
· Ensure housing units (17) are cleaned out and repairs made within 1-2 weeks of DVCCC obtaining legal access to unit. If units require floor replacement or other major repairs, unit should be completed within a 2-3 week period (outside vendor scheduling permitting).
· Assist with clean out of items left in Emergency Shelter/Safe house and Bridge housing rooms and make needed repairs as soon as made vacant.
· Assist with snow removal around building.
· Assure evacuation signs are posted in proper locations throughout the facility.
· Performs other job related activities as assigned by CFA and or CEO.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Must have general maintenance knowledge/experience. Must possess general knowledge of electric/plumbing/drywall repair etc.) Must have at least three years’ experience in related field.
· Must be able to complete maintenance requirements and use power and hand tools. Must be Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and car or truck available for use on the job.
· Required to attend a minimum of 10 hours of training annually.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Participates in all agency-wide events: 45 hour advocate training; October awareness; volunteer recognition; various celebrations; fairs, etc.
- Assist with accomplishing agency-wide annual goals and objectives.
- Assist with keeping the facility clean and neat.
- Able to establish working relationships with staff, volunteers, and a variety of internal and external colleagues.
- Any and all duties assigned by CFA and/or CEO.
Skills and Qualifications
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of DVCCC, professional work goals and personal development.
- Able to work independently on projects and assignments with little or no supervision.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have a current driver’s license to use agency’s car/van. Must be willing to travel by car to meetings and trainings.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet program needs and grantor accountability requirements.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures (attendance, work hours, paperwork, etc.)
- Childcare, criminal, and FBI clearances as required by the state and DVCCC.
Environment and Conditions
The incumbent’s typical place of work is an office environment and thus will not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Minimum Training and Experience
· Three years related experience
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
HR use only
August 10, 2017
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 610-431-7121.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.