Position summary: The Strategic Communications Manager owns and implements LightHawk’s strategic communications plan. Their experience and enthusiasm for sustaining nonprofit organizations is built upon inclusive, strategic storytelling and well-managed, productive, and respectful relationships that yield both annual and long-term financial support for LightHawk – a 100% funder-supported organization.
Strategic Communications Manager essential functions:
- Implements the strategic communications plan in support of LightHawk priorities through effective project management;
- Implements and regularly evaluates internal and external communications strategies and manages tools for engagement outcome with target audiences including, individual donors, volunteer pilots and governing board, institutional funders, and partners;
- Facilitates productive curation and interpretation of LightHawk’s work and brand with staff, volunteer pilots and partners producing content accessible to all appropriate team members through centralized data and information management tools;
- Manages, implements, and evaluates lead generation strategies, tools, and content for measured outcome;
- Generates media placement and manages staff/organization response to media inquiries and opportunities;
- Contributes and curates content for development communications, i.e., proposals, donor reports;
- Understands, interprets, and incorporates in their daily work the connection between storytelling and motivating volunteers and donors and partners to support LightHawk;
- Contributes data and content for monthly and quarterly internal reviews and board reports;
- Manages contractors providing services in support of strategic communications plan and priorities, i.e., website, graphic design, branding.
- Minimum of five years in strategic communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or closely related field.
- Experience in developing/managing/evaluating communications strategies and plans with preference to experience and training in project management.
- Strong writing skills with four years plus as lead storyteller or engagement specialist.
- Experience in interpreting data and complex projects through storytelling, as well as internal reporting.
- Experience and demonstrable achievements in media relations and coordination.
- Experience in lead management, social media platforms and/or digital marketing.
- Corporate or nonprofit experience in general or public service aviation, or conservation highly valued.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite. Proficiency with CRM data management system, (Salesforce preferred), Campaign Monitor, Adobe Creative Suite, project management tools, and Drupal highly valued.
- Self-starter, proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Champion for an inclusive team and practice, and is respectful of the diverse relationships and partnerships central to LightHawk;
- Adaptable to working with staff and partners across time zones and locations;
- Comfortable with creating and advocating for best solutions and practices for the organization;
- Strong communicator whether in-person, online or on phone or video calls.
- Salary range is $48-53,000, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, technology stipends, and paid time off annually.
This full-time position with benefits is home-office based with phone, internet and small equipment stipends provided. If a suitable home office is not available, LightHawk will provide an office space.
Benefits and salary are commensurate with nonprofit industry standards and include flexible schedules and generous paid leave.
LightHawk is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. LightHawk culture is collaborative, congenial, and inclusive. Note that LH does require a successful candidate to pass a background check following acceptance of a job offer.
Travel and Work hours
(Post pandemic) requires travel of about fewer than 5, 3-4 day trips per year. This exempt position may require occasional nights and weekends in addition to regular work hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an online application on LightHawk's website. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to those applying on or before April 22, 2021.