Details: Pay rate is $28 - $32/hour, depending on experience.
801 K st., Suite 1415
The Revenue Specialist (RS) is responsible for supporting CARCD in developing and implementing a foundation plan for CARCD and pass through funding for the Districts. The RS works to create and/or improve existing revenue infrastructure and establishes systems to support a sustainable, mission-centered revenue program. The RS reports to the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement a plan to raise revenue from foundations
- Responsible for portions of the long-term revenue plan developed by CARCD
- Work with CARCD Executive Director to establish goals
1. Revenue efforts are guided by a comprehensive revenue plan
2. Revenue Plan is complementary to Board and staff goals and work plans
- Provides coordination to CARCD’s executive Director and Staff’s effort to develop and expand foundation funding.
- Researches and identifies potential grant opportunities for CARCD, Regions and Districts
- Writes and submits grants
1. Foundation relationships are expanded and strengthened
2. Administrative fees associated with pass through grants fully fund the CARCD RS position.
3. Pass through grant funding for Regions and Districts grows significantly CARCD
Federal and State Funding
- Researches and identifies potential operational revenue sources
- Coordinates private and state funding ongoing revenue development work
- Supports CARCD in writing and submitting State and Federal Grants
- Provides support to CARCD Executive Director and staff’s efforts to develop and expand state and federal funding.
- Private and state agency relationships are expanded and strengthened
- Revenue increases for CARCD 6. CARCD begins to receive annual support from the state of CA
Revenue Support to Individual Districts
- Provides grant writing services to individual districts on a fee for service basis
- Supports RCDs efforts to secure funding for projects in their district
Experience Requirements and Competencies
- Success in building strong foundation and government partnerships
- Have a strong public presence – articulate, optimistic and energetic – with the ability to motivate and inspire people at all levels
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong grant writing skills. Demonstrated and successful experience in developing relationships with foundations
- Knowledge of the principles of grant writing and public procurement processes
- Knowledge of grant proposals, including a deep understanding of how to investigate and align with proposal requirements
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into coherent, compelling proposals.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Precise attention to detail and the ability to carefully follow complex sets of instructions from funders. Experience with donor database software and proficiency with MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Integrity - Is widely trusted and seen as direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent her/himself for personal gain
- Action Oriented and Self Directed - Enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Results Oriented and Accountable - Can be counted on to exceed goals; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Interpersonal Skills - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably Planning and Organizing - Accurately scopes out projects; sets objectives; develops schedules; measures performance against goals
- Approachability - Is easy to approach and talk to; spends extra effort to put people at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance
- Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
The position is part time, with flexible hours with the potential to grow into full-time.
CARCD is based out of Sacramento, but this position can be done remotely.
The pay rate is $28-$32/hour, based on experience.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
This position is part-time with lots of flexibility on work time and work place. A small, but warm and welcoming work environment with the potential to network within the state of California and grow the position to full-time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.