37 West 65th Street, 2nd Flr.
Position: Administrative Assistant (P/T)
Company: Young People's Chorus of New York City
Location: Manhattan, NY
Work Experience: Bachelor's degree with some QuickBooks exposure
Career Level: Experienced Level
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City (YPC) is a multicultural youth chorus internationally renowned not only for its superb virtuosity and brilliant showmanship, but also as a model for an inclusive society that is being replicated globally. Founded 30 years ago by Francisco J. Núñez, this groundbreaking program harnesses the power of music to benefit children musically, academically, and socially. Over 1,600 children from ages 7 to 18 participate annually through its core after-school program, its in-school Satellite Program in 16 New York City public schools, and two thriving after-school Community Choruses in Washington Heights and at Goddard Riverside Community Center. Because of its unique paradigm of integrating children from broad ethnic, cultural and economic strata, Francisco Núñez was honored with a MacArthur Fellowship, and among YPC’s many awards is America’s highest honor for youth programs: a National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award. Its commitment to artistic excellence and diversity inspires frequent invitations for collaborations and performances from a global array of festivals, cultural institutions, and cities on four continents, and its commitment to education ensures that 100% of its graduates go on to college.
Position Overview. The organization has an immediate requirement for a part-time administrative assistant with some QuickBooks experience. 10-12 hours/week, Monday thru Friday, during business hours. This is an ideal position for a semi-retired person. It is reports to Finance Manager. The admin is primarily responsible for the day-to-day filing and scanning with some light bookkeeping functions of the organization, as well as assist with projects as assigned.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Check incoming invoices for accuracy
- Filing and scanning of files
- Mail checks and file stubs with back up in financial files
- Prepare deposits for the bank
- Assist Finance Manager with month end close
- Assist Finance Manager with special projects such as annual audit, etc.
- Bank reconciliations
- Personal qualities of maturity, humility, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude.
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years of work experience in accounting is required.
- Some experience with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Able to prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Computer experience and skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook at an intermediate level
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers at YPC
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
1995 Broadway, Suite 305
New York, NY 10023
For additional information on the YPC organization visit: www.ypc.org