Asian Family Support Services of Austin is nationally recognized in the advancement of social justice and human rights for survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Asian Pacific Islander communities. Founded in 1992, AFSSA is the leading social service agency serving Asian American Communities in Central Texas.
AFSSA’s mission is to promote abuse-free Asian communities through advocacy, support, awareness and access to social services. AFSSA advances its mission through supporting and empowering Asian survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking, while improving their access to services and increasing community awareness of various forms of gender-based violence and oppression.
AFSSA is currently seeking a Part-Time Finance Manager (PTFM) to work with the Executive Director (ED) and the bookkeeper to ensure the agency’s financial processes and flow are efficient, accurate, and that AFFSA remains in compliance with all Grantor regulations, and general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Part-Time Finance Manager will be responsible for coordinating and managing the flow of financial requests and information between staff and the bookkeeper, between agency and grantors, coordinating and reviewing all grant billings and monthly financial statements, serving as the contact person for all grantor communications, and interfacing directly with G&A Partners (PEO, for payroll and HR) to ensure the online payroll and HR system continues to meet the needs of the agency and staff. Additionally, the PTFM will work with staff to ensure they are trained in the use of G&A Partners’ online time and labor management system.
Serving as an integral member of the management team, the PTFM will be responsible for developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures within our financial structure that improve efficiency, along with grant and staff compliance.
Reporting to the ED, the Part-Time Finance Manager will lead internal financial operations and will have the following responsibilities:
• Coordination and review of all financial processes and procedures
o Review/correct/ approve and move to bookkeeper for final processing all purchase logs, reimbursement requests, and vendor check requests
o Reconcile bank and credit card statements and ensure all supporting expenditure documentation has been submitted by staff
o Process monthly invoices. Generate required check requests and monitor auto debits for recurring costs.
o Make bank deposits
• Develop a financial deadline calendar and train staff on its’ use
• Project manage and respond to both internal and external grant audit requests
• Serve as primary contact with G&A Partners (PEO, payroll & HR)
• Facilitate payroll and ensure accuracy of information submitted to HR services.
• Identify best practices and make recommendations for improving internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
• Review agency and program budgets and ensure that expenditures are confined to the approved budgets.
• Serve as the point of contact for all grantor/agency communications and respond as required.
• Manage and coordinate grants to ensure financial compliance with all regulations and conditions
• Develop grant billing and review schedules and communicate them to the bookkeeper and to staff
• Manage monthly grant billings.
• Review and approve grant financial reports. Work with bookkeeper to ensure accuracy of report.
• Submit grant adjustments as needed to balance expenditures across allowable categories.
• Review grants to determine allowable expenditures, then create a list of allowable expenses to share with staff.
• Review grant regulations and ensure AFSSA’s paperwork captures the required information.
• Provide financial mentoring and coaching of staff.
• Attend various agency meetings as required.
• Adhere to all agency, state and federal policies and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelors or Masters in Business Administration or Finance, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• 2 years of financial and/or government grant management experience
• Proficiency using technology, MS Office software, and databases
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS
• Proficiency using MIP Accounting software
• Project Management Certification
• Ability to prioritize demands
• Solid communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Communication style that is transparent and direct
• Initiative, a self-starter
• Ability to remain focused and calm while delivering against timelines, not easily intimidated
• Must submit to and successfully complete a background investigation
• Ability to plan and organize work in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to maintain flexible schedule
• 20 hours per week
• Valid U.S. work permit required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please fill out our employment application at: afssaustin.org/employment or send resume and cover letter to AFSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 14234, Austin, TX 78761. For more information, visit www.afssaustin.org. No phone inquiries.
AFSSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, language, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran with a disability