Position Summary: The General Preventive Program (GP) of Children’s Aid serves 344 families in the Bronx, Harlem, Washington Heights and Staten Island. Using a multi-contextual framework we strive to strengthen families and reduce the incidence child abuse and neglect. We believe our clinical approach supported by the case management piece is crucial in addressing safety and risk issues for our families to become independent of system involvement.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Family Team Conference Facilitator will work closely with the program supervisors. The FTC facilitator/coordinator will ensure scheduling and facilitating of our Family Team Conferences and will gather reports on occurrence for purposes of QA compliance.
- Facilitate Family Team Conferences (FTC) for families in our GP program. Engage participants in non-ACS facilitated Family Team Conferences
- Oversee the scheduling and coordinating of FTCs.
- Liaison with ACS FSS unit.
- Prepare statistical reports with regards FTC standards and policies.
- Participate in Administrative team meetings, staff training and planning sessions
- Documentation of FTC outcomes in Connections.
- Documentation of all conferences in PROMIS.
- Liaison with our QA director to ensure we are meeting all conferencing mandates and policies.
- Track, record and coordinate all FTCs throughout three GP sites
- Master’s degree and License in Social Work, (LMSW, LCSW preferred) –OR- Mental Health Counseling (LMHC) and a minimum of 18 months of experience with children and families preferably in a child welfare setting. -OR- Master’s degree without a license with 5 years of work experience in a child welfare setting required.
- Thorough working knowledge of ACS Preventive Services system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to connect and have empathy for parents and teens
- Experience with families in crisis and risk of child placement due to neglect/abuse
- Knowledge of ACS CONNECTIONS and PROMIS systems.
- Trained in the FTC model, knowledge of changes in the Conferencing Policy from Fall 2016 through present
- 403b + employer match
- Up to 20 vacation days
- Sick days
- Personal days
Visit us: https://www.childrensaidnyc.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 003026
Children's Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.