Details: $10.40 - $13.50/hr, depending on experience
11 Broad St
The Pawling Library is looking for a part-time clerk to join our team by working at the circulation desk. This position will work every Sunday 11:30 AM – 4 PM, plus one two-hour shift on alternating weeks. The day of the alternating shift will be fixed in accordance with the availability of the successful candidate.
This job requires attention to detail, ability to work independently and with others, multi-tasking, and most importantly strong customer service skills.
The library clerk performs the following functions:
- All circulation duties: included but not limited to checking items in and out, pulling holds, processing materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, shelving and shelf maintenance.
- Provides information to the public on library policies and procedures.
- Performs routine searches and updates of computer records.
- Contacts patrons to deliver messages or information on library materials.
- Provides reference and readers advisory when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the library director.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills:
- Interest in library materials (such as books, movies, and video games) and library events.
- A large degree of comfort with technology.
- Ability to answer questions about the library.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Position: Part-Time: 11 hours per biweekly pay period
Pay: $10.40 - $13.50/hr, depending on experience
Benefits: After six months of employment, part-time employees accrue paid time off in proportion to their hours worked.
Instructions to Applicants
Interested individuals should apply online at https://www.pawlingfreelibrary.org/jobs/
Deadline to apply: Thursday, November 1st, 2018
After six months of employment, part-time employees accrue paid time off in proportion to their hours worked.
Minimum Education Required