The American Technion Society supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, we represent thousands of US donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. Over more than 75 years, our nationwide supporter network has funded new Technion scholarships, research, labs and facilities that have helped deliver world-changing contributions and extend Technion education to campuses on three continents.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development in Los Angeles, the Regional Gifts Officer/Associate Director in the Los Angeles office will help develop priority markets for the American Technion Society in this important community together with a team of four fundraising professionals and two administrative colleagues.
The Regional Gift Officer (RGO) will lead programmatic, fundraising and pipeline-building efforts to develop and grow the ATS presence in Los Angeles, focusing on specific geographies, demographic segments and other defined cohorts.
Central to the RGO role will be responsibility for soliciting annual gifts from assigned and in many cases newly qualified donors, providing meaningful touchpoints for philanthropic and leadership engagement with the American Technion Society, and developing creative and effective programmatic activities together with fellow gift officers and ATS colleagues.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develop and grow the American Technion Society’s current donor base in Los Angeles via pipeline activities - specifically focusing on identifying individuals who could give at least $5,000 annually and could develop into supporters able to give of $100,000 or more.
· Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects to grow to about 100 individuals.
· Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
o Initiate contacts to qualify new, potential leadership and major gift donors.
o Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for new and existing donors.
o Solicit gifts of $5,000 and above in support of ATS/Technion priorities.
o Develop and maintain effective stewardship, especially of newer donors.
o Adhere to the highest ethical standards of conduct; demonstrate a spirit of perseverance, optimism and a positive attitude.
· Regularly qualify new prospects to determine their affinity for the Technion's mission and propensity to contribute to ATS at the major gift level.
· Successfully complete 8-12 in-person meetings with ATS donors/prospects each month.
· Partner with staff and volunteer leadership to identify new donors, implement fundraising strategies, implement constituency-building programs and coordinate Technion/ATS VIP visits in the Los Angeles area.
· Attend events related to technology, Israel and other relevant subject matters to network with potential donors and partner organizations, and to represent the ATS presence in LA.
· Utilize the ATS database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving, and type of support to solicit.
· Travel twice yearly to the East Coast for ATS professional staff institutes; and participate on a new staff orientation visit to the Technion campus in Haifa, Israel.
· Some other local travel may also be required.
· Commitment to the vision and mission of the ATS.
· BA/BS required.
· At least three (3) years of fundraising experience in a higher education, research or advocacy organization, or in a setting that advances science and technology.
· Team player spirit is a must.
· Knowledge of the Los Angeles philanthropic market, and demonstrated success cultivating and personally soliciting charitable gifts.
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate the Technion’s unique role in Israel and within the Israeli technology industry with clarity and a demonstrated passion for the organization’s mission.
· Excellent decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to independently implement fundraising strategies.
· Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Very strong oral and written communication skills.
ATS offers a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ats&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US