Under moderate supervision and with moderate latitude for independent judgment, provides technical support for Department Network, 10 Digital Arts Studios, Imaging Studio, Green Screen, Graduate Studios and Administrative and Faculty offices. Position offers opportunity to experiment with and implement new technology as to relates to New Media and Animation.
- The management, planning, repair and maintenance of computers and other technical systems of studio classrooms, Administrative offices, Faculty Offices and studios. This includes hardware, software, networking and server systems. (Mac-based)
- Regular communication with the faculty and regular status reports to the Chair.
- Participation in Departmental planning with regard to facilities purchases, support service, licensing contracts, program support, and strategic planning where it relates to technological issues.
- Research and recommend hardware and software purchases and prepare quotes and requisitions.
- Ensuring the implementation of departmental policies and procedures regarding department facilities and equipment.
- Assist student and faculty users (i.e., provide instruction, enforce usage policies, etc.).
- Oversee graduate assistants, work-study students.
- Conduct I.T. development related to the Department of Digital Arts.
- Execute software deployments.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
This is an OPEIU Local 153-Technical position.
Education: Must have a Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience in Tech Support.
Experience: Expertise with Apple computers is required. Minimum two years' experience working with Macintosh including experience servers and networking is required.
Knowledge and Skills: Must have demonstrated knowledge of current PC and Macintosh platform and knowledge and familiarity with JAMF or software deployment. Knowledge of Render Farms and Windows preferred. Some experience or interest in art and/or computer graphics and strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required. Candidate should be adaptable and interested in taking on unique challenges associated with art student using technology as a medium.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References on our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
Minimum Education Required