The Direct Marketing Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day administration of an integrated direct response communication and fundraising program for BrightFocus Foundation, including timeline management, copy and art review for accuracy, organization of working and final project files and schedules The Coordinator plays an important role in the planning and execution of communications, fundraising and special projects as it relates to direct response audiences. Most projects are multi-channel efforts encompassing some combination of email, SEM, multiple social media platforms, direct mail, etc.
Duties, Responsibilities and Functions:
- Create and manage project schedules, track tasks and activities through completion. Assign tasks and due dates to keep projects running smoothly and on time. Work with project owners to set the project objectives/goals, requirements, deliverables and timelines.
- Review all copy for accuracy; research and document all statistics and reference materials. Circulate copy/art through internal approval process including Scientific Affairs and Public Affairs to confirm accuracy of content/brand messaging.
- Maintain quality control with project tracking tools such as Trello, TeamUp Calendar, and Microsoft Teams to effectively coordinate, monitor, and track team assignments, deliverables, deadlines, and other project-related activities.
- Maintain annual calendar of digital communications to donors and constituents by segment and program.
- Serve as a point of contact as it relates to the digital project schedule and deliverables. Communicate potential project delays, problems, and/or technical issues to supervisor and/or project owner as they arise.
- Participate in weekly/monthly departmental and vendor meetings as required.
- Assist in the review of audience selections for digital communications to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in establishing metrics/reporting for projects and the fulfillment of them. Review and/or prepare project correspondences, proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails.
- Performing administrative tasks to ensure the efficiency of communications and fundraising activities and processes.
- Provide administrative support, including but not limited to scheduling and coordinating meetings supporting project deadlines/deliverables, and emailing internal/external communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative or related office experience.
- Project/ team coordination experience.
- Nonprofit direct response and communications experience a plus.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, strong time management and solid written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting timelines and ensuring successful implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer services skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Agile and able to adapt to the constantly changing environment of digital technologies.
- CRM database experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
ABOUT BRIGHTFOCUS FOUNDATION:
BrightFocus Foundation (BrightFocus) is at the forefront of brain and eye health by promoting awareness and driving innovative research worldwide to help eradicate diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. To learn more about BrightFocus, visit www.brightfocus.org.
BrightFocus is committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal opportunity. In accordance with applicable laws, it is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to any legally-protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.