Girls on the Run of the Bay Area is a nonprofit after-school program serving girls in the 3rd-8th grades in five Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo). Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We are a small staff of flexible, efficient multi-taskers.
The Assistant Program Manager plays a critical role in ensuring Girls on the Run of the Bay Area achieves our program quality and reach goals; supporting the recruitment of coaches and girls in the fall and spring seasons, managing the program through the duration, and overseeing the 5K events which occur at the end of each season. The role provides opportunity for operational, volunteer, and event management in a well-regarded, fast-growing, and entrepreneurial non-profit.
This position touches all aspects of program management from recruitment, inventory management, database management, retention strategies, segmentation outreach, survey analysis and advertising. You will play a critical role in managing our twice-annual 5K run events, which will comprise of a 2000+ person event in the spring and several smaller, regional events in the fall.
What you’ll do:
- Lead event planning for our twice-annual 5K events
- Assist the Program Director and any other volunteers or interns on the Program team in both coach and participant recruitment and program management.
- Recruit coaches and girls using outreach tactics including but not limited to: community network building, social media platforms, local advertising etc.
- Ensure that volunteer coaches receive quick response times for questions during the outreach period and complete all required steps to the onboarding process
- Co-facilitate and plan seasonal coach trainings; and manage event logistics; implement continuous improvement in the coach training process
- Test and implement retention strategies including appreciation and retention plan for coaches and a parent/girl retention program
- Enforce all current policies and procedures for volunteers and participants
- Ensure program quality by conducting site visits; provide constructive feedback to volunteer coaches and management
- Lead inventory management, maintaining all aspects of program supply operations
- Manage data collection and topline analysis of pre and post season surveys
- Maintain an accurate and updated database of volunteers
How you’ll do it:
- Management of multiple events, sites, coaches, families using a project management tool
- Manage your time effectively and can balance multiple priorities at once
- Have a flexible, “make-it-work” attitude and can handle unexpected changes in stride
- Ability to streamline processes and make things run smoothly and efficiently
- Relationship Management and Communication-
- Comfortable cultivating relationships with passionate volunteers, and are responding to parent requests and concerns
- Enjoy working in a small, close-knit team
- Ability to communicate accurately and efficiently to people with differing needs
You love the mission of Girls on the Run and share a passion about issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, and wellness
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with Project Managements tools such as Smartsheets, Asana or Jira
- An understanding of the importance of hospitality when working with volunteers
- Comfortable interacting with parents and being responsive to their needs
- Detail oriented and excellent at documenting processes in order to continue to make the process more streamlined
- Background or understanding of the educational landscape of the Bay Area (not essential but a plus)
- Not afraid to take initiative and are always looking for ways to improve processes
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Spanish language fluency desired
- Valid Driver’s License required
- All candidates will need to qualify to interact in schools, which means passing a Livescan fingerprint background check, proving a clear TB test, and providing proof of COVID-19 vaccine
- The work can be done remotely, but this employee will need to come on-site to events and practices, potentially at short notice for our mid-afternoon practice times at school locations. Therefore the employee does need to be a resident of the area served by our council –the counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo
- Must be able to lift a crate of our curriculum, which is estimated at 30 pounds
Girls on the Run of the Bay Area is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary range of $55,000 to $60,000
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Due to a high volume of applicants, we will only contact those whose experience closely matches the job description. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.