1016 West Argyle St.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is a community-based social services agency assisting the immigrant and low-income community. A wide array of social services are offered amongst all the departments that make CMAA a comprehensive organization; adult education, citizenship and immigration, in-home services, social services, employment services and youth programs.
The successful candidate that CMAA is currently looking for will have the responsibility to manage two important components of the organization: (i) the in-home care services program that assists elderly and people with disabilities, and (ii) the social services department. The in-home care services program helps seniors and people with physical disabilities by placing non-medical Home Care Aides (also known as homemakers) in their homes, allowing them to meet the unique challenges that come with aging or living with a disability in a culturally sensitive way. In addition, the successful candidate shall also be overseeing due diligence on other potential new department initiatives, including but not limited to, growing the in-home care services department’s pool of private pay clients.
The social services department provides one on one assistance, including translation, to individuals and families looking for information and resources on: housing, health programs, immigrant family resource program (IFRP), low income housing energy assistance (LIHEAP), violent crime victim assistance (VCVA). The Manager will ensure complete function in both departments, addressing any obstacle in internal and external processes and will propose viable solutions. The in-home care services department and the social services department are vital to the organization as they serve the majority of CMAA clientele and are able to provide immediate assistance to the immigrant and refugee community in the Chicagoland area.
- Manage CMAA’s In-Home Care Services Department (Chicago and Elgin) which serves 400+ clients and employs 200+ homemaker employees generating over $5 million in gross revenue.
- Manage Social Services Department, which includes grant procurement, improving processes for scheduling and intaking clients, and overall program development.
- Conduct strategic outreach for the In-Home Care Services program in Cook, DuPage and Kane counties.
- Manage department staff; providing direction, setting up goals and conducting performance evaluations.
- Oversee 21 different contracts between Social Services and In-Home Services department.
- Monitor In-Home Services Department processes including but not limited to: account receivables and billing, in-service home care aide trainings, tracking and retrieving timely service, in-home visits, etc.
- Research viability and take steps to execute a successful strategy on several new social enterprises in order to maximize community impact and diversify the organization’s income, including the potential to expand Private Pay for In-Home Services, as well as review potential for department’s expansion into Home Health Care.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Reports to Executive Director.
- BA or BS required. MA in Social Work, MBA or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated management experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills. Ability to meet people with ease, develop and maintain relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, able to work under pressure of many priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of long-range planning process.
- Desired linkage with immigrant communities
- Prior experience in preparing and managing department budgets.
*Candidates must have reliable transportation and provide their own car insurance. Though this position will be based in Chicago, occasional travel to Springfield for statewide meetings and conferences will be required as well as travel to CMAA’s Elgin office on a periodic basis.
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in a second language is a plus but not required. (Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Carmen Estrada, Operations Assistant at email@example.com