Assistant Director of Safe Haven for Children Program TFC 2
- Job posted by Lutheran Social Services of New York
475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Assistant Director of Safe Haven for Children Program TFC 2
REPORTS TO: Director of Safe Haven for Children Program
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time (Management Team)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Safe Haven for Children Program is a 24-hour program that serves unaccompanied minors in immigration custody who are awaiting release to their sponsors. The Assistant Director will, among other duties, assist the Program Director in planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the program to ensure compliance with contractual, federal, state, and local requirements and laws.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
· Supervises and supports Administrative Assistants, Foster Parent recruiters and Trainers, and other program staff via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings.
· Monitors staff fulfillment of routine and additional assignments.
· Assists the Program Director in ensuring compliance with standards of funders, relevant laws and regulations.
· Assists the Program Director in ensuring that client and foster parent records are “audit-ready” at all times.
· Assists the Program Director in preparing weekly schedules to ensure sufficient staffing.
· Approves time cards, changes in schedule; monitors staff attendance.
· Assists the Program Director in recruiting, appointing, developing and evaluating vacancies.
· Reviews progress notes of direct reports, including monitoring compliance with ORR expectations.
· Reviews incidents reports submitted to Program Director; helps determine appropriate responses.
· Ensures consistent enforcement of program rules for minors, foster parents, and staff.
· Maintains sufficient foster care homes and compliance with all OCFS regulations and licensing requirements.
· Coordinates staff trainings, team meetings, supervision, and promotes staff professional development.
· Assists in Human Resource matters, ordering/monitoring of supplies, petty cash custodial duties, and other tasks related to program functioning.
· Works in collaboration with other departments, agencies and institutions to maximize scarce resources.
· Regularly assesses the safety and well-being of all clients.
· Develops, recommends, and implements policies and procedures to ensure effective operation of programs.
· Serves as liaison for on-site resources for minors and serves as program representative for off-site resources; develops relationships within the community.
· Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics; upholds agency Code of Conduct; and ensures adherence to agency policy and procedures by social service staff.
· On-call 24 hours.
· Other duties as required by direct supervisors or needs of the program/agency.
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistants, PREA Compliance Manager/QI Specialist, Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter; Volunteers; Interns
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Master’s Degree in Social Work or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science; or a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the aforementioned sciences, plus five years of progressive work experience demonstrating advanced levels of financial and/or managerial responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits strong leadership, clinical, administrative and supervision/management skills.
- Exhibits proficient knowledge of Internet Navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Displays time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once
- Available to work some holidays and weekends.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required