Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a personable individual with excellent communication and managerial skills to join the company’s Development team as Associate Director of Individual Giving. The position reports to the Director of Individual Giving and is part of a team that is responsible for raising $8 million annually as part of a total $17 million goal. The Individual Giving team is also responsible for the final phase of Roundabout’s $50 million-dollar Anniversary Campaign.
The Associate Director of Individual Giving will:
- Oversee efforts for the Chairman’s Circle and Friends of Roundabout membership programs by building innovative strategies for mass annual appeal campaigns, managing the donor members of the groups, targeting new markets and prospects with appeals, and thoughtfully utilizing the season of productions to increase engagement of the Chairman’s Circle and Friends of Roundabout.
- Develop new strategies to enhance and improve the patron experience at Roundabout by testing new fundraising techniques, partnering with marketing team to streamline communications and ensure brand cohesiveness.
- Directly manage a portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Directly manage a team of fundraisers who are responsible for ticketing, stewardship, renewals, and cultivating donors in the Chairman’s Circle and Friends of Roundabout.
- Work with communications team to develop a cohesive communication strategy for individual donors, marketing materials, acquisition messaging, and annual renewals. Work with Marketing and Membership Programs to promote giving opportunities online and with ticket sales, including a subscription campaign.
- Supervise Manager of Membership Programs and two Individual Giving Officers, ensuring monthly revenue goals are met, offering troubleshooting solutions, streamlining their fundraising processes, and implementing new strategies for hitting targets.
- Create and execute stewardship programs for donors, from budgeting to event strategy.
- Thoughtfully leverage our existing programming as cultivation opportunities for existing and new donors.
- Collaborate with the Special Events team to ensure donor events for Chairman’s Circle and Friends of Roundabout are seamless and offer new ideas for maximizing donor giving through these events.
- Work with Manager of Development Operations, Information Systems to ensure processing and acknowledgement letters for individual gifts are sent.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future.
This is a full time position with all standard Roundabout benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan and more.
Minimum Education Required