Full Time Contract
Details: AUD 72,525
Fixed term contract to September 2019
Full-time (37.5 hours)
Based in Australia with the requirement for regular travel
Max AUD 72,525 + 9.5% superannuation contribution
Closing date: 17.00 pm UK Time 18 March 2018
Interviews: 21-23 March 2018
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated Projects Manager to join a team of three currently engaged in peacebuilding work in the Pacific region. The Projects Manager will be based in Australia and will be expected to be able to work autonomously, being managed at a distance.
The key work areas as detailed in the job description include:
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Programme Management and Partner support
- Policy and Analysis
- Representation and Networking
- Fundraising and Finance Management
- Communications and Information Management
- Personnel Management
The successful candidate will have experience in the following:
- Practical conflict experience in designing and implementing conflict resolution and peacebuilding interventions, including experience of working with international, national and local partner organisations in conditions of current or recent conflict.
- Experience of working on issues of governance and political transitions in conflict contexts (desirable).
- Substantial experience of project management e.g. project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and narrative and financial reporting.
- Experience of coordinating work on multiple projects with a range of contacts.
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing relationships across considerable distances.
- Experience managing consultants.
- Experience of living or working in the Pacific region (desirable).
- Experience of and sensitivity to communicating with multicultural and diverse audiences (including officials, politicians, national and local NGOs and conflict-affected communities).
- Substantial experience in developing and maintaining systematic and transparent records of activities needed to keep track of projects and for accountability and evaluation.
- Experience in planning, running, and facilitating effective meetings and workshops.
- Demonstrable experience in preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and securing grants.
- Substantial successful experience of remote based collaborative working.
9.5% superannuation contribution
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent spoken and written English.
Pidgin English and French language skills (desirable)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For full details including the downloadable application forms please visit our website.