Details: Salary up to £33,000 per annum.
3rd Floor, Park House Greyfriars Road
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Our purpose is to help create lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty. We are part of a global movement for change, empowering people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty. We work to end poverty locally and globally, making this central to public and political life in Wales.
Reporting to the Head of Oxfam Cymru, the Campaigns and Advocacy Manager will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and monitoring of Oxfam’s campaigns and advocacy output in Wales. This includes the following:
· Ensuring high quality contact with key influencers and the production of excellent briefings, as well as exercising rigorous quality control on all external facing campaign and advocacy content.
· Acting as a media, parliamentary and public spokesperson for Oxfam Cymru.
· Serving as a link to Oxfam GB-wide teams and ensuring output in Wales is effectively communicated across the UK and reflected in work plans
· Maintaining and building relationships with external partners and allies to ensure the development of Oxfam’s campaign agenda in Wales, including ensuring Oxfam Cymru is represented within coalitions.
· Managing two policy and advocacy posts – one with international focus, the other with domestic focus.
· Managing the Oxfam Cymru campaign budget.
· Contributing to the management of Oxfam Cymru as a member of Oxfam Cymru management group, working closely with the Head of Cymru
· Adhering to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice
and women's rights.
What we are looking for
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with:
· Strong people centred leadership skills, and a proven track record of delivering change through campaigns and advocacy with sound political judgement and a knowledge of the political and civil society in Wales.
· Substantial experience of designing, delivering and leading campaign and advocacy output in a complex environment.
· A sound understanding of the external context in Wales, and ability to identify opportunities for political influence
· Demonstrably strong communication and networking skills.
· A passion for domestic and international poverty issues.
· An ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable, though not essential.
Location: CARDIFF (Office)
Salary: Salary up to £33,000 per annum.
Region: Policy, Programme and Campaigns
Job Family: Programme
Division: Campaigns, Policy & Influencing
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 9 November 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more about this role, please visit the link below for more information and to apply.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.