The Customer Support Specialist (CSS) will provide a first line of support for Orion’s various stakeholders via mail, email, and phone. Working with the Database Manager, the CSS will quickly and thoroughly find creative solutions for Orion readers and donors in need of support. This position will also manage contributor contracts and support workshop participants in terms of payment and complimentary subscriptions. When not directly assisting Orion stakeholders, the CSS will record all activity in constituent database records, review and update account information to ensure subscribers and donors receive timely subscriptions and correspondence, and update staff on common issues and concerns heard from subscribers and donors. The CSS will also play a key role in Orion’s annual renewal program by assisting with at least seven direct-mail efforts each year, recording gift subscription in-take, and providing general oversight for all renewal activity. In addition, the CSS will serve as a database assistant.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide existing and new subscriber support
- Quickly and thoroughly find creative solutions for subscribers and donors
- Regularly audit automated message workflow to update and refine as necessary to provide the most clear, consistent, and helpful communications to our constituents
- Record all activity in constituent records in Salesforce
- Serve as administrator of Orion’s workplace collaboration tools
- Update staff on common issues/concerns heard from subscribers/donors
- Provide support to workshop participants, particularly in regards to payment and complimentary subscriptions
- Manage Contributor Contract process
- Assist with the monthly renewal series of seven direct mail efforts for each of Orion’s four annual expire groups
- Assist with an annual gift subscription mop-up campaign in the first or second quarter
- Assist with a subscription recovery/lapsed rejoin campaign in the third quarter
- Assist with the renewal portion of the end-of-year gift subscription campaign in the fourth quarter
- And assist with the continual oversight, maintenance, and optimization of the renewal program in general
Database Assistant Duties
- Enter subscriptions, donations, and merchandise orders received by mail.
- Cross-check subscriptions, donations, and merchandise orders received electronically.
- Respond to constituent inquiries in real time by phone and email.
- Resolve address and name changes and replacement of lost or damaged issues.
- Generate gift subscription notification cards.
- Mail planned giving packets, welcome packets, et cetera per supervisor’s instruction.
- Record all activity in constituent records, including moves management activity.
- Track and maintain soft credits, monthly giving, estate and memorial donations.
(We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below).
- Familiarity with Salesforce, including experience with dashboards and reports. Comfort with both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience a plus
- More than basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including ability to perform mail merges. Comfort with programmatically manipulating strings in Excel desirable
- Comfortable using Google Workspace productivity and collaboration tools
- Excellent communicator and problem solver that can demonstrate patience and kindness
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural, team-based environment;
- Commitment to the work of environmental, artistic and/or learning organizations