New York, NY
Senior Finance and Operations Associate, Center for Global Education
Asia Society, a prestigious, global non-profit with an exciting portfolio of programs in the areas of public policy, arts and culture, and education, seeks a Senior Finance and Operations Associate, Center for Global Education, at our New York City location.
The Senior Finance and Operations Associate is a part of the team overseeing an effort to develop globally competent graduates and young adults prepared to inspire, lead and participate in a global economy and society. This position has particular responsibility for leading operations, budgeting, and administration.
Revenue and Budget Management
- Oversee management of CGE budget, including forecasting, approvals, allocations, analysis.
· Budget development (internal) and regular updates, staff salary allocations
· Budget development (external) for grant applications, SOWs, projects
· Invoice review, negotiation, and approval
· Pricing strategy and input on product packaging
· Forecast sales targets and strategic growth over time
· Regular interaction with finance team
· Longer term: collaborate with CGE leadership to create a viable financial model, business plan, and/or exit strategy for products and support CGE’s transition to self-sustaining strategy
Legal & Contracting
· Coordinate contract development, negotiation, and approval
· Liaise with finance team and external legal counsel as needed
· Develop new contract templates and language as new partnership and business structures evolve
Process and Systems Development
- Continually review and as needed, create and document processes and systems to increase efficiency and impact of the department; support team training and professional development to make the process standard practice
· Oversee Salesforce for CGE: Collaborate with Salesforce administrators/users to understand their needs and challenges, evaluate ongoing needs and advocate for growth or development, and liaise with the organization as they launch Salesforce to ensure CGE’s needs are addressed.
Departmental Hiring Lead
- Manage the interview and hiring process with HR for any new hires
- Ensure new hires are on-boarded appropriately
- With relevant manager, train and orient new staff; provide institutional knowledge and background
- Maintain CGE new employee handbook or other relevant materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-6 years of work experience, preferably working in finance, operations or administration in corporate or nonprofit setting
- Excellent budgeting and analytical skills
- Excellent proficiency with Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to convey financial ideas to a non-financial audience
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Time management skills
- Mission fit is important. You must be
- committed to our educational mission of global competence for all students (read more here)
- willing to complete all tasks, no matter how small, to the best of your ability
- ready to participate on a smart and high-performing team,
- willing to wrestle with complex ideas,
- eager to contribute ideas large and small.
- A team player with a pleasant attitude and professional demeanor
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and efficient
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively using appropriate communication strategies.
- Effective at multi-tasking and overseeing numerous projects at once, moving more than one forward simultaneously toward successful completion
- Be flexible in a changing environment –comfort with ambiguity is important.
- Be able to take initiative and take direction
- Interested in growth and development in the position
For more information on benefits go to: www.asiasociety.org/careers
How To Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate job title and reference code ID-1905 in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required