Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support AMIA’s communications and marketing efforts including developing and editing written materials, marketing events, managing and growing AMIA’s social media following, and coordinating with the press. The Coordinator is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and savvy communications professional to build their marketing skills, expand AMIA’s brand and to advance the organization's strategic priorities. The Coordinator position requires strong writing skills for both digital and print communications. This position is responsible for the writing and editing of select programmatic communications as well as managing timelines for print projects through production process, setting reasonable deadlines to ensure on-time delivery. The Coordinator coordinates with appropriate staff as assigned to ensure that e-communications, social media and web content is relevant, critical and timely. This position will work closely with other AMIA staff to ensure a consistent message and an integrated communications effort. The position will work with members, prospective members, the media and relevant organizations to reinforce AMIA’s messages consistently and to continue to build brand identity for the organization and its programs.
· Write, edit and distribute AMIA eNews – the biweekly member eNewsletter.
· Support select programmatic communications and marketing (meetings, membership, policy, corporate support) collaborating with other Marketing and Communications staff
· Field advertising inquiries for eNews and the AMIA website.
· Collaborate with program directors to create a wide variety of copy and design for fliers, social media campaigns, e-newsletters, outreach materials, and event collateral.
· Coordinate schedules for communication and promotion projects, and work with staff to ensure that timelines are met for web and print.
· Field press inquiries, support PR distribution efforts and manage reporting for PR efforts through TrendKite/Cision.
· Daily management of AMIA’s social media accounts and coordination with AMIA’s communications firm on social media efforts/campaigns.
· Seek out and implement use of best practices into marketing and communication process.
· Ensure brand consistency with design, functionality and messaging in all collateral, including print and digital media.
Education, Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in one or more relevant fields, including journalism, English, marketing, communications/public relations, preferred.
· 2-5 years communications experience with strong background in writing, marketing, and social media, AP Style Book experience preferred.
· Strong knowledge of social media and social media campaigns with an emphasis on Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Strong MS office skills; editing web sites in a CMS environment and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, TrendKite/Cision Analytics a plus, and competency with design software (InDesign, Photoshop) a plus.
· Ability to actively learn and master skills necessary for use of Email Marketing System/CMS technology.
· Experience and ability to prioritize and maintain multiple projects simultaneously, working collaboratively with other staff to accomplish successful results on deadline and on budget.
· Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, and a good sense of humor.
· Knowledge of association/nonprofit marketing and communication functions a plus.
· Able to travel occasionally.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support AMIA’s communications and marketing efforts including developing and…
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan.
AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave…
To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.
To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line…