Details: Salary dependent on previous experience
730 North 4th Street
Who are we?
The Wildflower Foundation is a nonprofit organization working to nurture the organic growth of Wildflower Schools, a network of teacher-led, child-centered authentic Montessori learning environments that support families from diverse backgrounds as they follow life’s unfolding journey. Wildflower schools are one-two room, shopfront, teacher-led Montessori schools, committed to equity and wholeness practices and grounded in a deep belief in the awe-inspiring potential of human beings - both children and adults. The Wildflower Foundation nurtures the conditions for Wildflower schools to organically grow across the U.S. and eventually around the world.
The Wildflower Foundation operates a bit differently from a typical non-profit organization - we are decentralized and nonhierarchical, rooted deeply in our values of Connectedness and Growth; our norms of Awareness, Kindness, and Autonomy with Support; and the 9 Principles that guide our schools’ design.
Partners at The Wildflower Foundation participate in a system of governance in which autonomy is valued and decision-making is disseminated through all Partners in the network.
A Summary of the Role of Partner
The Wildflower Foundation is looking for a driven person with an entrepreneurial spirit who shares our commitment to equity, innovation, wholeness, and Montessori education to create our design presence and drive our communications strategy both digitally and beyond.
The ideal person for this work is passionate about equity in education, independent, organized, skilled at creating inspiring content, creative, detail-oriented, and committed to supporting thriving communities and schools for all in the Twin Cities area and throughout Minnesota. This role is full-time and will work primarily out of our workspace in Minneapolis.
What will you do?
As a Partner you will:
- Engage and grow Wildflower’s audiences online by creating compelling narratives and content that inspire others to join or support our work
- Collaborate with head of marketing and communications to create and execute integrated digital media strategy leveraging Wildflower’s social media channels and website
- Determining MN hub communications priorities and strategy
- Create and manage content for a variety of audiences (funders, parents, teachers, prospective staff) on a variety of platforms (blogs, newsletters, various social media)
- Create and manage integrated digital media strategy including content creation
- Manage all relevant Wildflower social media accounts and overarching strategy
- Support national team in social media and local news coverage
- Write and copy edit all website content while implementing SEO
- Provide data/usage reports as requested
- Create print and digital collateral (to include but not limited to flyers, presentations, one pagers, annual reports) geared towards sharing Wildflower’s story and work both within the organization and externally
- Create and share regular news updates with the MN hub community (to include but not limited to parents, teacher leaders, funders, collaborators, etc.)
- Coordinate with Wildflower’s artist to find ways to extend Wildflower's visuals and branding in new and creative ways
- Translate and build upon Wildflower's visual aesthetic to meet marketing and communications needs as they arise
Who are we looking for?
The ideal person for this work is passionate about equity in education, independent, organized, skilled at creating inspiring content, creative, detail-oriented, and committed to supporting thriving communities and schools for all in the Twin Cities area and throughout Minnesota. This role will work primarily out of our workspace in Minneapolis.
Generally, we have found individuals with the below attitudes thrive within our unique culture:
- Inspiring and skilled Communicator– You are passionate about sharing great stories, enthusiastic about coordination and efficiency, and are eager to explore new tools and technologies
- Driven by details and organization– Crossing every “t” and dotting every “i” is your natural disposition – you thrive on creating processes and systems, and engaging others in using those systems to make the everyday work of leading a school easier and more streamlined
- Innovative leadership – Your default mode is “yes.” You are flexible, open-minded, see opportunity in obstacles, and are energized by using creativity and resourcefulness to create new ways of leading the business of schools
- Generosity of spirit – You seek and give advice openly and are comfortable working in a non-hierarchical organization.
- A desire to learn and grow – You are eager to stretch beyond your current experience, to develop new skills and expertise and to more deeply explore your purpose and potential
- Passion for Montessori and diversity – You are eager to increase access to Montessori to families of limited economic means, and to building racially diverse learning communities. You have an appreciation for the Montessori approach and the educators who bring it to life as well as a passion for educational equity
For this role, we are seeking a candidate with 3-5 years of professional experience ideally with a mission driven non-profit, charter management organization or other child focused non profit.
Additionally, we are looking for the following skill sets and experience:
- Previous work driving communication strategy (including online presence/social media) for a team, department or organization
- Experience creating beautiful graphics for digital platforms and print collateral
- Experience with collaborative, entrepreneurial environments
- Comfortable creating systems to drive work forward
- Compelling communication skills; both written and public speaking
- Comfortable using collaborative online tools that connect the Wildflower community, including Google apps and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
In addition to a welcoming workspace centered on trust and autonomy, The Wildflower Foundation offers a competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits package along with 401(k) plan with employer matching as well as an well as an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. We trust all staff to set their own work schedules and determine when and how much time to take off.
This role can be customized to fit a full or part time schedule. We are excited to consider candidates looking for less than full-time work, and/or combine a number of projects into a full-time position. As a rapidly growing organization with a lot to do, we will work with you to identify other roles based on your interests and skills.
This is a salaried position is based in Minneapolis, MN
Minimum Education Required