Details: Hourly salary range for the Outreach Coordinator is based on experience.
600 South Lafayette Park Place
About Bright Star Schools:
Bright Star Schools is one of the premier charter school organizations in Los Angeles, operating eight schools that are among the highest performing public schools in Los Angeles. Our mission is to provide holistic, inclusive support for all students to achieve academic excellence and grow their unique talents so that they find joy and fulfillment in higher education, career, and life. For more information, please visit www.brightstarschools.org.
The Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for student recruitment and enrollment for Rise Kohyang Elementary School (RKES), a new Bright Star School opening in Koreatown in 2019-2020. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of student recruitment and the enrollment process, which will include but is not limited to marketing strategies, special event planning, and developing community partnerships. This role will also support some enrollment activities for Rise Kohyang Middle School and Rise Kohyang High School.
● Collaborate with the Director of Outreach and Enrollment to develop and execute a recruitment and enrollment strategy for RKES.
● Engage with prospective students and families regarding RKES and coordinate follow-up communications.
● Recruit, train and coordinate staff and volunteers (parents, office staff, admins and IA’s) to achieve recruitment priorities by assigning tasks, and monitoring and reviewing recruitment and enrollment projects.
● Update enrollment tracking system (SchoolMint) with current information and progress of prospective students.
● Coordinate Open House/Information Sessions for new families.
● Coordinate and assist in the execution of internal outreach events such as Information Sessions, School Tours, Enrollment Sessions and Lotteries.
● Collaborate with the Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications to create and execute marketing strategies, materials, and campaigns.
● Coordinate enrollment website content, social media, and external communications
● Work closely with school administrator to develop and manage advocacy campaigns to maximize local impact in communities and media outlets.
● Design and translate outreach and enrollment materials as needed.
● Establish relationships with community organizations (churches, daycares neighborhood councils, etc.), leaders and schools to grow Bright Star Schools’ Koreatown presence.
● Research and attend community-related events to increase our presence and recruit prospective families.
● Plan and execute cluster-wide community events to increase awareness of school program.
● Oversee outbound marketing to local media outlets and recruiting activity, including speaking engagements, direct mail, door-to-door grassroots canvassing efforts, etc.
● Manage community outreach and marketing materials for student recruitment.
Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Status: Full Time (see details above)
Location: Central office in Koreatown, CA.
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, 40b plan, personal time off, holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
● Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
● Experience working in a field organization or for a community-based organization, executing events, and overseeing recruitment teams (preferred).
● Charter school background a plus, but not required.
● Korean / English language fluency a must; Spanish language fluency a plus.
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to exemplify the respect and humility required to connect, build and maintain positive relationships with all community stakeholders
● Team player with excellent customer service skills
● Strong organizational skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks while being outcome oriented
● Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
Minimum Education Required