1000 Vermont Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
NMAC (formerly known as the National Minority AIDS Council) is looking for a highly motivated person to help with logistics coordination for its two annual conferences. This person will have primary responsibility for managing NMAC’s Constituent Advisory Panels (CAP). These activities include the following responsibilities:
- Serving as staff liaison to the Constituent Advisory Panels (CAPs). This includes: coordinating a review process to select applicants; convening calls; ensuring active participation amongst all members; constructing a feedback loop to ensure conference content has been adequately vetted with all members and NMAC staff; and coordinating an on-site meeting at the United States Conference on AIDS (USCA).
- Ensuring that CAP members are recruited to review conference abstracts, scholarship applications and develop population-specific institutes (USCA only). With the Conference Director, garnering feedback on proposed workshops and plenary sessions to ensure diversity in programming.
- Scheduling conference calls and webinars with CAP members.
- Working with CAPs to: coordinate logistics for population-specific institutes; process CAP registrations and scholarships; and gather information for program book and conference mobile applications.
- Serving as staff liaison to conference track committees as assigned.
- Providing on-site logistical coordination of NMAC conferences to include: ensuring audio visual equipment is set and working in each meeting room; checking with session faculty to address issues; and making sure conference signage is distributed and hotel digital signs are accurate.
- Assisting with conference program book and mobile app coordination.
- Ensuring content on agency and conference websites is up-to-date and accurate.
- And other duties as assigned by the Conferences Director.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with managing committees and working with diverse groups.
- Computer proficient with working knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, and specialized meeting databases.
- Two to four years of conference coordination experience.
- Two years of previous experience in customer service.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and well organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- B.S. degree
- Computer expertise with conference/meeting databases.
Minimum Education Required