1121 Mission Street
API Legal Outreach is the largest social justice legal organization serving the Asian, Pacific Islander, and Latino communities of the Greater Bay Area and Central Valley. Founded in 1975, our mission is to provide culturally competent and linguistically appropriate legal representation, social services, and advocacy for the most marginalized segments of the community including low-income women, seniors, recent immigrants, and youth. With offices in Oakland, Stockton, and San Francisco, our work is focused in the areas of domestic violence/family law, immigration and immigrant rights, senior law and elder abuse prevention, the rights of those with disabilities, anti-human trafficking, youth violence prevention, affordable housing preservation and tenants' rights, and other social justice issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide full range of legal representation to low-income clients primarily in the areas of human trafficking and immigration matters but may include work in other priority areas such as public benefits, domestic violence, sexual assault, and housing. This work will also include representation of other clients seeking all immigration related and civil remedies.
2. Conduct community education and outreach.
3. Staff clinics at sites accessible to consumers.
4. Provide technical assistance and training to community and public agencies.
5. Represent the organization at community, legal, funding, and other meetings and functions.
6. Assist with administrative and fundraising work of the organization.
1. At least two (2) year’s experience in representing low-income and non-English speaking trafficked clients in matters regarding immigration status, state civil law matters, and matters requiring civil litigation.
2. Demonstrated commitment to social justice and the advancement of underserved communities of color.
3. Bilingual and bicultural skills particularly relevant to underserved communities.
4. Strong advocacy and courtroom skills.
5. Must be a member in good standing of the California Bar.
6. Ability to work well in a team-oriented, multi-cultural work environment.
7. Working knowledge of Abacus Law and Immigrant Pro, or similar programs.
8. California driver’s license and own vehicle preferred.
health insurance, paid vacation, holiday, sick leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, send cover letter and resume with 3 professional references to: Personnel Committee, email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled.