211 East 43rd Street
About Project Sunshine:
Project Sunshine is a multi-national, volunteer-based nonprofit that meets the social-emotional needs of pediatric patients (0-21) and families living with all medical challenges. Project Sunshine takes a family-centered approach to care, recognizing that when a child is ill, the entire family is affected. Project Sunshine volunteers are trained to help children to act and feel like kids during emotionally and physically challenging times, leading to lower levels of stress and anxiety.
About the Program Assistant Position:
Project Sunshine is seeking a recent college graduate to join a passionate and energetic team. The Program Assistant will gain volunteer management and program facilitation experience.
o Volunteer Chapter Management
- Support Community and College volunteer management team with email and phone communication with volunteers and hospital contacts
- Help facilitate in-person and web-based training sessions, including managing the RSVP lists and webinar quizzes
- Update and manage the VolunteerMatch online postings
- Track and update program orders (Amazon purchases, reimbursements, etc.)
- Track and update background checks for Chapter Leaders
- Track and update Salesforce data including college chapter updates and program reports for both College and Community Chapters
o Volunteer Recognition
- Send weekly volunteer recognition emails (5 hours)
- Confirm mailing addresses and send monthly volunteer recognition gifts (25 hours, 50 hours, and 100 hours)
- Compile and send weekly NYC volunteer opportunities newsletter
- Design and send the monthly volunteer newsletter
- Manage and post to the Community and College-specific social media platforms
o Facilitate office-based and hospital-based programs
o Provide support for fundraising events
o Assist with office work and administrative tasks as needed
- Commitment to the mission and values of Project Sunshine
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The desire to learn about the nonprofit sector, volunteer management, and the pediatric healthcare environment
- High comfort level working with diverse populations of medically challenged children and their families in the hospital setting
- Willingness to travel throughout NYC to attend program events.
- Relationship management and volunteer experience a plus
- Candidates must be willing to commit to 20 hours a week until December 31st
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Both a cover letter and resume are required. Please email your cover letter and resume to HR5@projectsunshine.org. Please include the cover letter and resume in BOTH the body of the email and as attachments in case the attachments cannot be opened. Please put “Volunteer Management Assistant” in the title of your email.
No phone calls please.