3803 N. Fairfax Dr.
What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation’s leading voice on mental health. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Today, we are an alliance of more than 800 local affiliates, state organizations and a national office who work in communities across the United States to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need. NAMI advocates for all who are affected by mental illness, both the individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we do not rest until we remedy injustices and intervene early to prevent needless loss of quality of life. In addition to being advocates, we educate, we listen, and we lead as evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Marketing Operations. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and Communications department. In this role, the manager will onboard all new project requests and manage the production schedule and trafficking of internal and external marcom initiatives. The manager will also be responsible for managing the department budget and monitoring and reporting on department performance metrics and analytics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the project request process to ensure that creative briefs and other collateral and requests are processed and onboarded to the appropriate department managers in a timely manner.
- Works with Marcom project leads and department liaisons to produce project plans.
- Develops and manages department annual/ monthly production and events schedule and updates divisional calendar to share throughout the organization.
- Convenes and manages monthly meetings with Marcom staff liaisons to discuss upcoming projects, reinforce synergies, and report on monthly KPIs and other performance measures.
- Manages print publication production and quality, including the Advocate magazine, annual report, brochures, newsletters and other marketing collateral.
- Procures, oversees and manages relationships with consultants such as vendors and freelancers, as well as internal team members, to ensure coordination and execution of quality production.
- Tracks, monitors and evaluates data and metrics for key marketing and communications initiatives and develops systems (e.g., dashboards) for measuring and reporting as needed.
- Manages the department invoicing and tracks expenses for budget reconciliation.
- Handles departmental email and website queries from external members and affiliates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, publishing or related field
- Five to eight years of experience in marketing operations and project management, preferably for non-profit organizations
- Experience in performing high-quality editing, desktop publishing, minor graphic changes, and production as needed
- Proficient with project management software (MS Project, SmartSheet, Slack, etc) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and foster teamwork in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Proven effectiveness in previous communication initiatives, concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to define and meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and ensure quality communications outcomes
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Thorough understanding of strategic communications
- Demonstrated experience developing collaborative relationships between organizations and individuals
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to challenges, requiring at times mentoring or problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to manage budgets effectively
This position is based in Arlington, VA.
Must pass background check.
Minimum Education Required