1800 North Hermitage Avenue
1. Provides intensive casework and in-home supportive counseling for up to fifteen families that have been referred to the program through the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS). May work evenings and weekends to meet client needs.
2. Complies fully with all DCFS regulations and program plan requirements for the Intact Family Services program which may include: conducting weekly client home visits, conducting assessments and preparing service plans, entering case notes in Statewide database system; SACWIS, completing Domestic Violence Screening, Substance abuse screening, safety plans.
3. Engages clients to be active participants in the casework process. Educates clients regarding safe sleep practice for their infants. Identifies extended family members who can assist the family.
4. Refers clients for required services, advocates for their needs, and ensures timely follow up regarding their receipt of services.
5. Ensures files are maintained up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations.
6. Provides thorough client updates during supervision as well as immediately notifying the supervisor of any risk of harm issues related to the client. Participates in clinical staffings.
Preferred Requirements: BSW. Two years of relevant experience with at least one year in child welfare.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in DCFS approved Human Services field. Two years of relevant experience.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation. Agency-specified automobile insurance. Required to travel to various communities throughout the Chicago land area.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required