3500 Woodley Road, NW
Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School, seeks an energetic, thoughtful, and dedicated Digital Communications Coordinator to assist in executing a strategic digital communications and marketing plan to advance the institution’s mission and vision. Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, the Digital Communications Coordinator must have a passion for storytelling, a strong working knowledge of current digital marketing best practices, and a commitment to education.
- Develop and promote key messages and branding that align with institutional priorities.
- Manage all digital media and print publications.
- Manage and deploy all weekly communications and strategic communications from school leaders.
- Serve as lead web content producer and editor.
- Manage and execute a social media plan.
- Oversee all advertising.
- Execute an inbound-marketing strategy to assist Admissions in recruiting prospective families to the school.
- Operate the school’s CMS and other systems.
- Create digital graphics for web and social media.
- Serve as lead copyeditor on school messages and publications.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Skilled storyteller with experience creating compelling, engaging, and ROI-driven digital content.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience executing online advertising campaigns.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, basic HTML, social media tools, video editing, web publishing.
- Experience with Blackbaud preferred.
- Ability to work independently; a self-starter with a high level of integrity and the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to many constituencies including parents, donors, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Professionalism, maturity, flexibility, good judgment and humor.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications, superior digital marketing skills, and a strong grasp of communications industry best practices.
- A commitment to mission-driven organizations.
- Experience in independent schools preferred.
- Experience managing vendor and consultant relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and résumé to Jenny Towns, Associate Director of Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org).