Music Forward is a national, independent non-profit organization that transforms young lives, inspires careers, and champions a more inclusive music industry. Focusing on young people ages 12-22 in underserved communities, we set the stage for success by providing workshops and showcases to kick-start musical careers and inspire the next generation of music industry leaders. Music Forward is the evolution of the International House of Blues Foundation, which began in 1993. Learn more at www.hobmusicforward.org.
The Program Coordinator drives implementation of local programs, particularly Bringing Down the House (BDTH), All Access (AA), and All Access Fest (AAF), to support the development of 21st Century Skills of young people. The Coordinator manages logistics and facilitation of programs and is the local point-person for independent contractors, expert and general volunteers, and program participants. Under the direction of the Director of Programs, the Coordinator drives expansion of local expert and general volunteer networks and local program partnerships, through identification, recruitment, and retention, with a strategic eye towards diversity and inclusion across the music industry, and integration of individuals and partners referred by the executive team and supporting advisory networks. The Coordinator maintains contact information and records program related data, using established evaluation methods and tools.
The Program Coordinator is based in Las Vegas and reports to the Program Team Manager. This is an entry / early professional role – seeking those interested in building a career in the nonprofit space with a growing company.
What you bring:
· Strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
· High level of accountability and the ability to meet prescribed deadlines
· Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and a remote team of coworkers
· Experience working with students ages 12-22 and/or experience working with volunteers from a variety of professional backgrounds
· Knowledge of the music and arts industry and local community partners and experts preferred
· Experience in production, theater and/or performance preferred
· Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive "can-do" attitude
· Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to work independently and complete job requirements without direct supervision
· Ability to work with diverse groups of people
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· A personal cell phone
· A personal car or regular access to reliable transportation, along with a valid driver's license and proof of car insurance
· Flexibility to work some early morning, evenings and/or weekends for programs and special events as needed
Music Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any of employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Music Forward is a national, independent non-profit organization that transforms young lives, inspires careers, and champions a more inclusive music industry. Focusing on young people ages 12-22 in underserved communities, we set the…
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Excellent full-time employment benefits include 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401k matching program, paid parking, tickets to live entertainment events, and access to discount perk and pre-tax accounts (health, dependent care, transportation).
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Excellent full-time employment benefits include 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401k…
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject should be “Las Vegas Program Coordinator – [insert applicant first and last name].”
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. Email subject should be “Las Vegas Program Coordinator – [insert applicant first and…