The Fiscal Analyst is primarily responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of Cost Centers. Duties include preparation of budget supporting documentation required for internal staff and external funders. In addition, the Fiscal Analyst will be responsible for funding applications, contract renewals, and monitoring contract specific financial reporting requirements; perform monthly, quarterly and annual billing and other financial reports related to government and private grants.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
· Prepare all grant-related materials and supporting documents required for submission to funders including funding applications, contract renewals, budget modifications, closeouts, etc.
· Prepare budget vs actual variance reports and forecasts
· Submit revenue accruals for performance-based, deliverable or expense-based contracts
· Provide variance analysis for monthly financials
· Coordinate finance meetings with programmatic and administrative staff
· Ability to work independently and pro-actively monitor communications with funders
· Review payroll reports and monitor for allocation changes
· Prepare journal entries
· Maintain audit schedules
· Collaborate with Finance team as needed
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
· Assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Fiscal Planning & Analysis and Chief Financial Officer.
· Assist with grant auditors during fiscal reviews, internal and external audits.
Education and Certification
· Bachelor’s Degree
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
· Advanced Excel skills including use of pivot tables and functions.
· Knowledge of government grants management preferable.
· Ability to work well with others.
The Fiscal Analyst is primarily responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of Cost Centers. Duties include preparation of budget supporting documentation required for internal staff and external funders. In addition, the…