The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Outreach Coordinator for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, Texas. The main responsibility of this position is to coordinate all public outreach and fundraising efforts for the sanctuary and act as the center’s liaison with all of HSUS’ campaign and philanthropy departments. The position is also charged with ensuring our advocacy goals are met through onsite visitation, media coverage and online communications.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing, planning, and managing revenue-generating events for CABBR;
- Overseeing event planning, coordination, implementation, budget and logistics, including dinners, on sight donor visits, ranch tours, donor suite management and donor itineraries as well as engaging donors throughout the process;
- Ensuring educational components are included in all activities;
- Coordinating with office manager and philanthropy for all event RSVPs and respond to questions and inquiries by donors and guests as required, communicating with sponsors, and posting event follow up mailings;
- Working with other departments and partnering organizations to develop fundraising goals, securing sponsorships or grants;
- Ensuring sponsors/donors are properly recognized in all correspondence, reports and materials, according to contractual agreements;
- Networking with community organizations and businesses to promote the organization’s mission, provide education on the work of HSUS campaigns, gain financial support and expand our volunteer base;
- Providing volunteer supervision as needed;
- Working with integrated marketing department to support and provide content for an online strategy to build support and awareness of CABBR nationally and locally;
- Using a variety of communication strategies, build local brand awareness of CABBR by expanding marketing efforts among core constituencies, including center supporters, animal advocates of all ages, humane educators, and corporate sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum two years of experience in education, outreach or development, preferably in a similar nonprofit organization or in animal care field;
- Excellent project management, written and oral communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access);
- Understanding of and interest in animal-related issues;
- Good organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple projects and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Must be able to move/lift packages weighing up to 40 lbs;
- Flexible schedule and be available on weekends as needed;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor, constituent and other sensitive information;
- Must be able to obtain a Texas driver's license and be insurable;
- Commitment to the mission, values and goals of the Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch, the Fund for Animals, and the HSUS.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Murchison, TX.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.EOE
Minimum Education Required