The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Finance/Accounting Specialist provides highly specialized services in one or more of the following functions: financial analysis and reporting; financial management; accounting; auditing; grants administration, management controls and reporting; or similar financial activities for the Texas chapter. They have a high level of expertise in their area(s) of specialization. The position administers and maintains finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial/organizational management. The Finance/Accounting Specialist provides assistance to all levels of personnel in their specialty area. They respond to complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 4 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Technical experience with grants award accounting issues.
- Experience, coursework or other training with applicable U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133), state and local regulations, and standard contract clauses.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46915 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST October 24, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.