District of Columbia
The Indivisible Project is hiring a Director of Major Gifts. This position will work closely with the Development Director and Co-Executive Directors to lead major gifts fundraising at Indivisible, meeting an ambitious multi-million dollar target in 2019 by stewarding and cultivating donors who give $2500+.
The dynamic Indivisible Development team is overseeing a multi-channel fundraising program that has grown tremendously in its first two years. We are excited to add new team members who can help us build on this success. We are hiring for the Director of Major Gifts position immediately, ideally in our Washington, DC office but remote work possible if in the Bay Area or New York. The Director of Major Gifts position is full-time, with a minimum salary of $75,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
This position is ideally located in our Washington, DC office, however, open to a remote work arrangement from the Bay Area or New York.
- Lead major gifts fundraising strategy at Indivisible, developing and implementing new stewardship, cultivation, and moves management approaches
- Build strong relationships with and lead stewardship for existing major gift donors including onboarding of new donors, personalized mail, electronic, and in-person communications Develop new relationships, as well as retain and upgrade existing donors
- Expand our network of potential donors, effectively identifying and researching prospects and facilitating introductions
- Organize trips and donor meetings for co-executive directors and other leadership team members
- Coordinate cultivation and fundraising events in partnership with donors and other key stakeholders across the country
- Work closely with the digital team to develop and implement a strategy to identify and cultivate up mid-level digital donors
- Prioritize knowledge management, developing processes and systems to execute moves management and accurately record key information of both past and future outreach. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Collaborate with Development staff, senior leadership and the Board of Directors to manage major gift fundraising efforts around events and other activities
- Provide timely reports for senior leadership
- Collaborate effectively across departments within the organization
- Aligned on core values and strategy of the Indivisible Project
- Manage 1-2 staff as well as short-term development consultants in target locations
- 8-10 years of combined relevant professional experience and education, with at least 5 years professional fundraising experience
- Success as either a non-profit development professional and/or a political campaign finance professional
- Previous experience managing a diverse team
- Demonstrated experience meeting ambitious annual targets in previous position(s); please specify amounts raised individually or as a team in relevant previous positions
- Superior writing skills, with ability to quickly and professionally prepare development materials (thank you notes, 1-pagers, proposals, etc.)
- Excellent research, communication, and inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational skills, with experience setting up systems and processes to ensure good knowledge management
- Experience with donor databases and reporting
- Cultural humility - ability to build relationships across lines of difference
- Previous experience with Salesforce
Minimum Education Required