Under the supervision of the site manager, works in dining room set up and meal service. Responsible for kitchen sanitation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wears a mask at all times.
- Wipes down countertops and serving areas with disinfectant.
- Sets up steamed tables. Turns on warmers in food service areas.
- Fill containers with condiments.
- Pour juice; place sliced bread and margarine in sandwich bags.
- Ensure the entire dining area is fully stocked with required condiments.
- Open cans of desserts, portion out in 5 ½ ounce dessert cups, cover with lids and place in refrigerator.
- Upon arrival of food delivery, takes carts outside and assists in bringing meals from the delivery truck to the kitchen.
- Puts hot food in warmer. Cold items in the refrigerator.
- Cleans and sanitizes carts and trays for bussing.
- Shortly before meal service transfers hot food to the steam table.
- If table service, serve meals. If cafeteria service, serves on the cafeteria line.
- Clears table covering of remaining plates and trays. Cleans and disinfects with sanitizing solution. Allow to air dry, fold and neatly, then put away coverings.
- Clean meal delivery pans followed by sanitizing liquid. Allow to air dry.
- Clean and sanitize the food service areas, equipment, and serving utensils.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, food service preparation, and serving areas.
- May be required to sweep and mop dining room areas.
- Add disinfectant to all cleaning solutions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- NYC DOH Food Protection Certificate.
- Must be able to read and speak English. Additional languages helpful.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Experience working with seniors.
- Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment